Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trouble in paradise.  (Read 2826 times)

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Trouble in paradise.
« on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:55 AM »
Howdy,

On July 1st I placed an online order for one of your tall windscreens for my S1000XR. About three weeks later, after receiving several packages from Europe from other vendors I recalled the order I placed with Powerbronze and sent several emails, every one of them bounced back as undeliverable due to a DNS issue. I set the email server to resend the email for several days and finally got a response from Steve Roberts on July 30th. It just so happens I got home from work early and the windscreen arrived on the same day as did Powerbronze's email response.

At that time I had not inspected the windscreen, only confirming to Steve the windscreen had arrived. The following day I went to install the windscreen to find that the item I received was not up to Powerbronze typical quality. It appears the acrylic was moved in the mold after being removed from the oven and let to set with a fairly messed up upper lip, the center line to the outward curve on the upper lip is way off center and one side is heavily curved, the other not so much. The molded in pockets where the four bolt holes are off center and not very cleanly molded, almost lumpy. The curvature in the lower half of the screen is uneven and is glaringly lumpy.

I hate having to post this here as I would of preffered to give you the chance to respond to my emails but they are once again being bounced back as undeliverable from your ISP. I will post below the error I keep getting and hopefully you folks can remedy it ASAP, this has not been a very good first experience with your company. For the record, I have purchased no less than seven other screens from such companies as Puig, Madstad and Cee Bailey, so I have some idea of what expectations should be for molded acrylic windscreens. If you would like, I could take some pictures of what was sent but I doubt it would do you any favors, not even a Friday shift should let something like this out past quality control.

Patiently awaiting a response on this matter.

Copy\Paste of your email servers error-

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

sales.powerbronze@gmail.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:

DNS Error: MX lookup of gmail.co.uk returned error DNS server returned general failure

Offline Forum Admin

• XR Administrator
  • XR Member
Re: Trouble in paradise.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:20:24 AM »
Not sure if you saw this post as they are on holiday till next Monday:

https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,187.0.html

Also Powerbronze won't be able to do anything about the email issue as they are using a gmail account so it's something Google would need to address. Seems there are plenty of gmail issues at the moment (6th Aug):

https://www.downdetector.com/status/gmail

That aside are you sure your email server is setup properly, gmail can be pretty picky with incoming mail if things like valid reverse DNS records, DKIM, SPF records, published DMARC policy are not all valid.  :016:

This email address is also on there website so might be worth a try as well:  sales@powerbronze.co.uk

Or maybe use their Contact Us form:  http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/contactus.aspx

:821:

Offline RichardPB

• Powerbronze - Forum Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Town: Littlehampton
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »
Hello Fasttrak,

Thank you for your post and please accept my apologies for the fact that you were forced to post on our section of this forum.

I have seen your e-mail sent to my colleague, Steve Roberts on July 31st 2015. In that e-mail you  say that you will try to get some photos sent to us.

I will send you an e-mail so that you can send me the photos, I will then sort out getting a replacement screen made for you and sent to our distributor for sending onto you.  I will ensure that the screen is double checked before it is dispatched to ensure that it is 100% correct.

I can confirm that the e-mail address you have mentioned in your post (sales.powerbronze@gmail.co.uk) and in your e-mail (sales.powerbronze.co.uk) are not e-mail addresses we actually use. Our main enquiry’s address is sales@powerbronze.co.uk . This e-mail address was mentioned in my post on July 30th about me being on holiday and providing all of the members with contact information if something was urgent.

I apologise if you feel that we haven’t answered your e-mails quickly, however neither of the e-mail addresses you have used actually exist within the powerbronze e-mail system. The only e-mail addresses we use which are separate to the sales@powerbronze.co.uk address are used for receiving paypal payments from our websites and ebay shops.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by private message or by e-mail once you have received my e-mail.

All the best,
Richard

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 02:43:04 PM »
Richard,

Thanks for the response, I will get some photos of the screen this evening when I get home from work.

At this point I do not recall if I got the email address from the confirmation email of the order being placed or from the powerbronzeusa.com website.

dysfunctional