Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Grip buddies  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Grip buddies
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
Morning guys or evening depending on where u are just a quick question not that vibes in my bars cause me any concern but has any one tried those neoprene grip buddies only 4 mm thick and supposed to reduce tingling etc from the bars simple solution if they are any good

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Grip buddies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 10:03:27 AM »
Grip Puppies I use them, I have used them on nearly all of my bikes. I think they work but like you I do not have a problem with vibes on the XR. I like the feel that they give me. But I will point out that if you have small hands then they may not work for you as it does increase the diameter. And they might make the grips feel to thick.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
I use grip puppies also.  The factory grips are too small for my hands. With the puppies, I get less arm and hand fatigue.  Much happier riding.   :002:

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »
I have also used Grip Puppies in the past, and as mentioned they do make the grips quite large(and as a side note also take longer for the heat of the heated grips to come through and IMHO limit the heat somewhat). The past few bikes I have installed Gel grips(replacing the OEM rubber). Size wise they sit between the OEM and Grip Puppies, they allow full heat and work a little towards vibes(but a word f warning, the throttle side rubber is a bitch to get off).

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
Had a pair in the very early days of ownership but didn't like the feel plus in winter got no heat from the grips what so ever, gave em away. :087:

Offline Penpals

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR
  • Town: Bruton
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:54:07 AM »
How easy is it to fit the grips and do they have to be trimmed to size beforehand? I see on Amazon there are specific ones for BMW’s. Thanks.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
Very easy to fit, but they do have to be trimmed before fitting. I did not fit them because of any vibes as its never been a problem for me.
I prefer them as it makes the grip bigger and I find that more comfortable. ( No comments snatch as I can read your mind already )   :015:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Motoman

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Naples, Fl.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
Grip Puppies for me too. I have had them on my last 3 bikes and just a better feel for me. Stocks grips just seem too skinny. Maybe because I have used the pups for so long. Does help a little with the vibes but that's not a real issue for me. Enjoy the ride!!  :305: :305:

Offline Penpals

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR
  • Town: Bruton
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »
I have fitted a par of grip buddies and any residual vibration is certainly ironed-out. I find them perhaps a little too big and a lack of feedback through the bars means that I end up riding quicker than expected. So now wondering whether to take them off!

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Penpals [+]
I have fitted a par of grip buddies and any residual vibration is certainly ironed-out. I find them perhaps a little too big and a lack of feedback through the bars means that I end up riding quicker than expected. So now wondering whether to take them off!

Maybe give them a go for a few. Once they settle in, they get nice and snug. You might like them better.