Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pirelli Rosso Corsa II  (Read 2157 times)

Offline TOM.

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Scunthorpe
Pirelli Rosso Corsa II
« on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »
My bike came with the above tyres fitted from factory, there really good in terms of performance however I’ve only got 2000 miles out of the rear! Has anyone else had similar findings with these. I’ve just ordered a new one got a good deal on it to be fair but will definitely be switching if this one fairs the same.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Pirelli Rosso Corsa II
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by TOM. [+]
My bike came with the above tyres fitted from factory, there really good in terms of performance however I’ve only got 2000 miles out of the rear! Has anyone else had similar findings with these. I’ve just ordered a new one got a good deal on it to be fair but will definitely be switching if this one fairs the same.

I thought they came from the factory with either the Bridgestone T30 or the Pirelli Diablo Rosso-II.....not the Corsa-II..??

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:05 PM »
2000 mile out of a rear tyre I’d definitely swap

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:37:01 AM »
I used to use the original Rosso Corsa on my Tuono V4 APRC. Great tyre but always got less than 3000miles from them. They are a soft sports tyre just below the Supercorsa SP, so never going to last that long.

I have tried Rosso III's on the XR and they only last about 3K too.

I am not on Metzler 01's which do seem to be lasting a little bit longer. However I normally do a circa 3K tour each year and with a sports tyre it was a bit but clenching as to if it would do the whole tour or not, they would come back on the canvas. The 01 does allow me to be a bit more confident. However its not going to do another 3K and so faced with dumping a perfectly serviceable tyre before I go or changing on route (can't be bothered with that)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »
Those Avon’s I bought are a real oddity because they talk about extra mileage but their a really soft walled tyre so if you like Mich’s Or Metz’s i’d Give e’m a go even though they have gone back to 150 quid as as Dunlop user the Avon’s will do but I wouldn’t buy any more put them on my K in the end.

Offline Salem

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:30:12 AM »
the Diablo Corsa is a soft tire, I'm surprised BMW fits that as standard. I just went thru a rear Diablo Corsa 3 in 1200 mls :034: Great tire on fun roads but a waste on anything else.

The front Corsa 3 is still  ok, but not much life left.  I'm not going to use the soft tires anymore, the benefit they give is expensive. I get at least double life out of a 'standard' rear tire. In addition these shift the capabilities of the bike (and rider) to track level, the public roads are not a track surface. Dirt, sand, oil patches  etc. I don't bet on traction control to save me

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
the Diablo Corsa is a soft tire, I'm surprised BMW fits that as standard.

They don't...standard factory fitment is Pirelli Diablo Rosso-II or the Bridgestone T30....!!

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Salem

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
ok my fault. I thought Rosso 3 was replacing Rosso 2, as in Michelin PR4 to 5. But it's different tires. I'm about to  order my next set of tires, and thinking about the PR5.

Offline TOM.

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Scunthorpe
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
My apologies the tyres fitted from factory are Diablo Rosso II just looking at my rear tyre now it’s certainly done and ready for a change other than a quick 600 mile round trip to Belgium it’s had nothing but twisty road use

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 09:39:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
ok my fault. I thought Rosso 3 was replacing Rosso 2, as in Michelin PR4 to 5. But it's different tires. I'm about to  order my next set of tires, and thinking about the PR5.

The Diablo Rosso-III did replace the Diablo Rosso-II...the "CORSA-II" you've been referring to is indeed a much softer & different tyre. The Rosso-II tyres are still soft-ish compared to the Bridgestone T30's though...they seem to not last as long as the T30's on average.

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 is indeed replaced by the Michelin "ROAD 5"...there's no such animal as the Michelin "Pilot" Road 5....

Just being a pedantic ar$e.. :016: :001:  :192:

I've just bought a Michelin Road 5 for the rear of mine and have gone for a softer Michelin Power RS for the front. Not fitted them yet, my Bridgestone T30's are hanging in there....my bike is coming up to 10k kms from new, have maybe ~1000-1500 left on the rear, front is only ~half worn.. :086:

Smithy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:47:20 PM by smithy »