Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch Lever .  (Read 5106 times)

Offline marshy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warrington
Clutch Lever .
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:35:34 PM »
Guys and gals , really need some help here with an idea . I am currently upgrading the front brake to a Brembo , i find the standard a bit un predictable !  Brembo dont make a clutch lever to fit the XR , surprise surprise , not a lot of choice in that department . I have got a universal racing clutch lever from V-Trec , smart piece of kit , as usual the lever cant operate the XR micro switches , so there is the problem . As i see it there are two switches on the little box under the lever , i think ( this is where i need help ) one switch works by being out and the other works when pushed in , what is to stop us securing one in whilst leaving the other out ! Opinions please this could be a game changer ? Thank you .

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Re: Clutch Lever .
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
Some else had v Trek said they were no good I would get a pair of puig ones about 100 quid they come complete with the bit that operates the micro switches swop the brake lever to match or get a se 😂

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:28:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by marshy [+]
Guys and gals , really need some help here with an idea . I am currently upgrading the front brake to a Brembo , i find the standard a bit un predictable !  Brembo dont make a clutch lever to fit the XR , surprise surprise , not a lot of choice in that department . I have got a universal racing clutch lever from V-Trec , smart piece of kit , as usual the lever cant operate the XR micro switches , so there is the problem . As i see it there are two switches on the little box under the lever , i think ( this is where i need help ) one switch works by being out and the other works when pushed in , what is to stop us securing one in whilst leaving the other out ! Opinions please this could be a game changer ? Thank you .

I have ABS Synto levers on my XR...lovely bit of kit they are too, expensive but very nice. The micro switches work fine with them.

I believe one of the switches if for the "cruise control dis-engagement" which is self explanitory.... and possibly the "unable to start in gear" switch, put the bike in 1st gear and try to start it...won't happen until you pull the clutch in...... and the other I believe is for the quickshift activation/de-activation.

Smithy. 

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline sasukaros

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Warsaw
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:45:26 PM »
Im  a bit confused. Do you want to change the clutch or the brake lever? you describe both  :435:
By the way, I can through in some info, as I have fitted a 19rcs brake master cylinder.

Offline marshy

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by sasukaros [+]
Im  a bit confused. Do you want to change the clutch or the brake lever? you describe both  :435:
By the way, I can through in some info, as I have fitted a 19rcs brake master cylinder.

All done now and a big thank you all for the help . I have fitted an 19RCS and wanted a clutch lever to match the Brembo lever , have you got different levers ?

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by marshy [+]
All done now and a big thank you all for the help . I have fitted an 19RCS and wanted a clutch lever to match the Brembo lever , have you got different levers ?

I am considering putting a 19RCS on as well. I find the feel(and confidence) of the XR front brake is nowhere near that of my R. How do you like the Brembo MC? and what did you do for the mirror mount? (Brembo don't make a perch for the M10x1.5 BMW mirror thread)

Offline marshy

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I am considering putting a 19RCS on as well. I find the feel(and confidence) of the XR front brake is nowhere near that of my R. How do you like the Brembo MC? and what did you do for the mirror mount? (Brembo don't make a perch for the M10x1.5 BMW mirror thread)

Hi Simon , i was like you , the original front brake was really good at times then not so good for no apparent reason , the brake now is excellent every time , i haven,t tried the nutter brake yet ! ( it has 2 settings ) . The mirror perch isnt a problem there are adaptors available , the main issue is the brake line , i fitted a new one at a cost of 30 quid which isnt major but taking the tank out to fit it is messy . The pipe runs to the ABS pump under the seat , good luck !

Offline marshy

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by sasukaros [+]

Thank you for the offer , is it the XR you have changed the m/c ?

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »
Is it necessary to fit a new brake line with the Brembo MC?? or can one get away with the OEM brake lines??

Offline marshy

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 05:29:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
Is it necessary to fit a new brake line with the Brembo MC?? or can one get away with the OEM brake lines??

If there is a way to use the original brake pipe i couldnt see it , it is a bit short and the fitting is underneath on the Brembo but on the side on the BMW . Dont be put off by changing the brake pipe if you are sort of handy with spanners , a mechanic i am not but i managed it !