Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Taller screen  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Spugone

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 1000 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Alnwick
Taller screen
« on: April 17, 2018, 01:08:54 AM »
I am after advise for taller screen as I am looking to do some touring. Anyone fitted any mods or replaced their screens for taller ones? If so which ones and where to get them?

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: Taller screen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 01:49:05 AM »
Hi mate, a common screen people go for is the MRA viaro which has the deflector on it.
I have a black MRA sport screen but waiting for a wunderlich touring screen to come so I can switch between touring and blasts out

Check out the photo gallery get some ideas  :305:

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:17:13 AM »
There are a few others out there (which may be better), but I went with the MRA viaro which has the deflector on it. I'm very happy with the MRA's look/ fit, and most important its wind protection, which is much better than the stock screen. BTW 90% of the time I keep the MRA fully raised/ high position.
mike k

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 04:38:35 AM »
I have the MRA with the deflector on it and usually leave it up when riding unless I am in the city on a hot day.  Only complaint I have with the MRA is that it could be a little wider for better wind protection during cold weather riding. 

Offline Spugone

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »
Hi all, thank you for your replies. Looks like the MRA is popular so will have a good look at it. I ride with the stock screen in high position so will take onboard your advice and do the same with the new one when I purchase the screen. Thank you once again.

Offline Nelster

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:02:16 AM »
Another vote for the MRA vario. Seems popular doesn't it? I'm still evaluating the different positions of the deflector but it's way better than standard with much of the wind noise/buffeting gone and it's only marginally bigger than standard. I keep the screen in the raised position.
For me, it's made a great bike almost perfect.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:09:38 AM by Nelster »

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
MRA Vario. :028:

Offline billywizzz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: dorset
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 09:18:24 AM »
Another vote here for the mra with the deflector, with screen in the raised position I can comfortably ride at motorway speeds with my visor open I'm 5:11. But always lower the screen if im in the twisties I find the screen raised a little distracing when "having fun"!

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
Initially I went for the big Puig touring screen as I've found their products good in the past but on the XR the buffeting was horrendous. Switched to MRA with the flip bit on and couldn't be happier. Whilst it's smaller than the Puig it works a lot better. Size isn't everything  :001: Don't think you'd get much better short of strapping a barn door to the front.

I'm 6ft.

Offline Spugone

• XR Junior
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
Been looking at the MRA and it’s seems to be the one everyone is recommending. Being just over 6ft the advice is much appreciated  :821:

dysfunctional