Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New XR confirmed for 2020  (Read 12289 times)

Offline Fumes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000Xr TE
  • Town: County Durham
Re: New XR confirmed for 2020
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »
Hi Paul, I cannot see the cofigurator, it just says to register interest?   :148:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
It’s there starts at £13,365 with colour and the bill goes up from there as you click.

I had to buy mine in 16 like that because I didn’t want ESA but unless your busting a gut to have the first one in the UK would have thought buying Ex Stock from the dealer is the cheapest option just need to check the spec of the bike because in the early days it was all over the place depending on what the factory felt like building but after a couple years they came All singing All dancing.

Offline Fumes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000Xr TE
  • Town: County Durham
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Thanks...found it !   :046:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »
I went to the NEC today and had a look at the new XR.

The grey coloured bike is a horrible colour not unlike undercoat. I cant imagine anyone wanting a bike that colour - was was BMW thinking about.

The red / silver coloured bike is much better but would be better if the fairings were  all red. Also dont like the large area of black plastic on top of the fuel tank - looks really cheap. Also the large hole at the front where the DRL would be fitted is also strange - why is there not some sort of cover ?

Thats all of the negatives, apart from that, it seemed a good bike in all other respects and I will buy one when BMW address the above points.  :305:
PSH

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Also the large hole at the front where the DRL would be fitted is also strange - why is there not some sort of cover ?

The large hole at the front is central air intake.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
The large hole at the front is central air intake.

Not sure that is correct as the hole is also used to fit the DRL if you choose that option. Whatever, its still unattractive  :305:
PSH

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Spokane, WA.
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2019, 02:29:30 AM »
I heard according to some "high" people in places - The large hole at the front is also for the optional Air Conditioning unit (which will "only" be offered with the "super-duper X package".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 02:35:59 AM by mike k »
mike k

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2019, 08:18:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by mike k [+]
I heard according to some "high" people in places - The large hole at the front is also for the optional Air Conditioning unit (which will "only" be offered with the "super-duper X package".

Yeh right - think that option is only available for the US market !!  :305:
PSH

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
I took a look at the NEC show at the new S1000xr Saturday and Sunday as I was working on the RideOn MCN stand, humm not 100% sold yet need to ride it, looking at the LCD screen and the inbuilt SatNav it's just like the car one EG: you can only set a couple of way points, A to B then to C.

Had a very nice lnog chat with one of the BMW guys he was saying if your doing touring then you'd need the Nav6 as well :084:

Also much like the S1000rr the rear light is in the indercators Humm I'm not sure of the look of the back,  the LED stip light is gone which not a big thing but it now looks odd both ends it looks like someone has gone round nicking lights of the bike.

The plasticks look cheap but that may be just the show bike, the guy on the stand said the bike is not out until mid to end of second quarter next year which to me seems late on.
After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

dysfunctional