Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Intake Restriction  (Read 14966 times)

Offline Patrick Bateman

• XR Pro
  • Bike: K1600GTL & ZX10R
  • Town: Sydney
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 06:14:45 AM »
I got the RR part a few months ago after you mentioned it was a direct swap on the spam forum - bike feels exactly the same but noisier to me.
With headers, filter AND the acoustics insert removed I would imagine it might make a noticeable combined difference.
My old Multistrada made a 7hp gain after full Leo Vince exhaust, filter and flash tune but the only thing I could really feel was a smoother low end power delivery.
The same friends who could only just beat me in a drag race - could still beat me.
I need to return some videotapes.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 08:53:32 AM »
I am sorry to say it but a 5hp increase would be un-noticeable unless you were a GP rider, where mili seconds per lap are all recorded on data. As for doing a track day a 5hp increase would not be noticed, and there are several reasons for that. Its all in your own head take it from me. Honest. :002:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online LAMBO281

• XR Master
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Oxfordshire UK
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »
Taken it off and the sound it awesome sooo addictive! I’m not bothered about gains etc bikes are all about how they make you feel, it’s a good little easy mod for fun! Happy summer blasting!  :305:

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:10 AM »
Does anyone have the part number for the RR inlet part?

Offline Patrick Bateman

• XR Pro
  • Bike: K1600GTL & ZX10R
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »
13 71 7 717 840

If you ever need part numbers for a BMW, just visit Max BMW's website https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/PartsFiche.aspx
I need to return some videotapes.

Offline Auldy

• XR Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »
You could also try eBay, I picked up an as new one for twenty bucks

Cheers
 :821:
Auldy

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 04:43:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
I would be more than surprised that removing the this part would give you a 50hp boost in fact I would go as far as to say that it would be impossible. ( Its not April the First is it ) ..
I would have thought he was taking the urine.......

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Spokane, WA.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
I am sorry to say it but a 5hp increase would be un-noticeable unless you were a GP rider, where mili seconds per lap are all recorded on data. As for doing a track day a 5hp increase would not be noticed, and there are several reasons for that. Its all in your own head take it from me. Honest. :002:

Bree - I agree with you. Also, (as for me - one reporter's opinion) how much more power does one need from their XR, isn't 160/ 165 HP enough for this type of bike? I find that the XR's 160HP for the "real roads of life" (not the track, heck I didn't buy the XR for the track) is more than enough, and will stay with most all 160HP to 200HP motorcycles up to around 120MPH, which is all I need, but thats me - just saying
mike k

Offline bmwdream

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 16 bmw s1000xr
  • Town: Portland
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »
Some of us who ride the XR have more skill than others.The need for speed varies.I have gotten use to the power and could definitely use more. I would appreciate anyone who has actually improved hp by 5hp or more and what they did to accomplished that.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by bmwdream [+]
Some of us who ride the XR have more skill than others.The need for speed varies.I have gotten use to the power and could definitely use more. I would appreciate anyone who has actually improved hp by 5hp or more and what they did to accomplished that.

A 5hp increase would be about as useful, as a Fart in a space suite.  The XR is not an out & out sports bike maybe you should try the RR or something similar, to go with your perceived Skill level.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

dysfunctional