Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Intake Restriction  (Read 19139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JTL

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 274
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I don’t think they’d have Fooled me half as much as HT would have done and it was one of multiple dyno runs not as good as that but if you have had an X/R on a dyno i’m sure i’m Not the only one that is interested to see yours.

Straw man attack.

*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Oh right  :002: I show mine but you can’t show me yours  :164:

I can't show you something I don't have and don't plan to get. Indeed, I make no claims for my XR, but you are publicly extolling the excellence of the AFR of your XR as modified by Road and Race Performance whilst claiming Hilltop are charlatans.   It may well be that Road and Race Performance have achieved a consistent AFR across the rev range at WOT, but you can't tell from the graph you have presented.

Do you have AFR graphs for 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%..... 90% throttle openings? or do you ride at 100% all the time so you can experience the AFR graph you are showing us?

Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2151
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2018, 01:11:38 PM »
 :0461:  Sorry JTL but you will not get a clear answer, only a mixture of part sentences and a bit of gobblygook at best.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2684
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
Straw man attack.

I can't show you something I don't have and don't plan to get. Indeed, I make no claims for my XR, but you are publicly extolling the excellence of the AFR of your XR as modified by Road and Race Performance whilst claiming Hilltop are charlatans.   It may well be that Road and Race Performance have achieved a consistent AFR across the rev range at WOT, but you can't tell from the graph you have presented.

Do you have AFR graphs for 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%..... 90% throttle openings? or do you ride at 100% all the time so you can experience the AFR graph you are showing us?

With exception of the one graph on here which was all over the place and by their own admission couldn’t Be improved I have never seen another HT map with AF how surprising.

As for my map it’s actually one of several because the conversation went along the lines of ‘Its not bad’ and I said ‘I want it right F the cost’ and from the moment I opened the throttle knew it was a league better than stock as the map shows particularly on the bottom end,its showing 100% cuz it’s on the stop but it was the A/F on the way that was interested in as you can see.

I do have one that is slightly better under 4000 but not higher up the Rev range

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2684
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2018, 07:06:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
:0461:  Sorry JTL but you will not get a clear answer, only a mixture of part sentences and a bit of gobblygook at best.

Coming from someone who’s technical input stops at chain oilers and specialises in ‘Hello’ ‘GreatBike’ ‘I agree’ oh and the odd silly boy name calling and managed almost any many posts In such a short time to my almost 3 years boy you’ve got some brass neck.

Try saying saying goodbye to those selling X/R parts and bailing it’ll do wonder for your post count  :001:

Offline JTL

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 274
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
As for my map it’s actually one of several because the conversation went along the lines of ‘Its not bad’ and I said ‘I want it right F the cost’ and from the moment I opened the throttle knew it was a league better than stock as the map shows particularly on the bottom end,its showing 100% cuz it’s on the stop but it was the A/F on the way that was interested in as you can see.

When you say:
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
it was the A/F on the way that was interested in
I assume you mean as the engine pulled from 3000rpm to 11,500rpm. But even at the bottom end the dyno operator still had a 100% throttle opening, did they not?
This AFR would not then apply at a more usual road riding throttle range of 10-50%, would it?

You then go on to say:
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
and from the moment I opened the throttle knew it was a league better than stock

Presumably this revelation occured when you rode out of Road and Race Performance.  I also assume that you didn't give it 100% throttle right from the " bottom end" as you turned out onto the B4104, did you??  (The A45 is close, so there perhaps? Forgive me for saying but that would be a tad irresponsible!)

So, my assumption is that your observation:
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
it was a league better than stock
was based on smaller throttle openings, for which you don't have an AFR graph. (Which could be perfect or all over the place)
Therefore you relied upon the good 'ole "Ass dyno", which told you "This feels better than stock".

Which is exactly what has been reported by those who have had their XRs worked on by Hilltop.  They didn't have an AFR graph at 10-50% throttle openings and neither do you. And all the modified XRs, yours included, felt better than stock, or are you claiming that your ass dyno is better than their ass dyno??



Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2151
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Coming from someone who’s technical input stops at chain oilers and specialises in ‘Hello’ ‘GreatBike’ ‘I agree’ oh and the odd silly boy name calling and managed almost any many posts In such a short time to my almost 3 years boy you’ve got some brass neck.

Try saying saying goodbye to those selling X/R parts and bailing it’ll do wonder for your post count  :001:
[/color]


Ha Ha Very feeble attempt at humour, and perhaps maybe you could explain what this gobblygook above is supposed to mean ?.
But as always any attempt to get you to explain yourself, leads to an attempted put down. And as previous it fails.
And as for my technical experience, you can take it or leave it. I certainly do not need your approval or input.  :005:



Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2684
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
When you say:I assume you mean as the engine pulled from 3000rpm to 11,500rpm. But even at the bottom end the dyno operator still had a 100% throttle opening, did they not?
This AFR would not then apply at a more usual road riding throttle range of 10-50%, would it?

You then go on to say:
Presumably this revelation occured when you rode out of Road and Race Performance.  I also assume that you didn't give it 100% throttle right from the " bottom end" as you turned out onto the B4104, did you??  (The A45 is close, so there perhaps? Forgive me for saying but that would be a tad irresponsible!)

So, my assumption is that your observation: was based on smaller throttle openings, for which you don't have an AFR graph. (Which could be perfect or all over the place)
Therefore you relied upon the good 'ole "Ass dyno", which told you "This feels better than stock".

Which is exactly what has been reported by those who have had their XRs worked on by Hilltop.  They didn't have an AFR graph at 10-50% throttle openings and neither do you. And all the modified XRs, yours included, felt better than stock, or are you claiming that your ass dyno is better than their ass dyno??

Thank you for your concern having been to both establishments I was more than happy with the guys at Meriden they did great job as good as any other dyno house i’ve Used.

Your post about my  journey home was fascinating I move motorcycles for a living so it had a cosseted ride home in my Sprinter van  :002:

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2684
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2018, 09:13:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
[/color]


Ha Ha Very feeble attempt at humour, and perhaps maybe you could explain what this gobblygook above is supposed to mean ?.
But as always any attempt to get you to explain yourself, leads to an attempted put down. And as previous it fails.
And as for my technical experience, you can take it or leave it. I certainly do not need your approval or input.  :005:

My input!!on what  You don’t post anything!!  Chain oilers excepted

Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2151
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Thank you for your concern having been to both establishments I was more than happy with the guys at Meriden they did great job as good as any other dyno house i’ve Used.

Your post about my  journey home was fascinating I move motorcycles for a living so it had a cosseted ride home in my Sprinter van  :002:

 

As expected the guy (JTL ) posted a very interesting and informative post. And requested some simple answers. But as expected you could not even answer those questions. You are a fraud from start to Finnish. And you have been found out fair and square.
And what do you do, as always you try to rubbish the Guy.
 But of course if you want to continue to rubbish mine, and others posts. Then continue, the more you say the more stupid you look.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Patrick Bateman

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 211
  • Country: au
  • Bike: K1600GTL & ZX10R
  • Town: Sydney
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2018, 11:57:15 PM »
One time, I chased a squirrel into a laundromat and after that, I couldn't find him
I need to return some videotapes.