Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Intake Restriction  (Read 14241 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OW31

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: au
  • Town: Brisbane
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »
What a wonderful time to be riding bikes, touring bikes with 160(crankshaft :150:) horsepower, sport bikes with over 200, brakes that can stop you in no time and you can use cranked over in the wet, chassis and tyres that can control it all, all this with great reliability.
I remember when a Kawasaki H2(the two stroke triple) was considered really fast with it's 65hp, plastic OEM tyres that you had to change as soon as you bought the bike, brakes that sort of worked in the dry, no chance in the wet, suspension that was either wallowy or rock hard etc.
I raced a TZ750 back in the day (144hp at the gearbox sprocket btw.), it wouldn't see which way the xr went on the track even with its panniers on :008:
We have nothing to complain about, all the current bikes are brilliant, it's just a matter of personal preference, don't sweat the little things, just enjoy the ride...

Online smithy

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1098
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by OW31 [+]
What a wonderful time to be riding bikes, touring bikes with 160(crankshaft :150:) horsepower, sport bikes with over 200, brakes that can stop you in no time and you can use cranked over in the wet, chassis and tyres that can control it all, all this with great reliability.
I remember when a Kawasaki H2(the two stroke triple) was considered really fast with it's 65hp, plastic OEM tyres that you had to change as soon as you bought the bike, brakes that sort of worked in the dry, no chance in the wet, suspension that was either wallowy or rock hard etc.
I raced a TZ750 back in the day (144hp at the gearbox sprocket btw.), it wouldn't see which way the xr went on the track even with its panniers on :008:
We have nothing to complain about, all the current bikes are brilliant, it's just a matter of personal preference, don't sweat the little things, just enjoy the ride...

Totally agree OW31...I remember wrestling with old bikes back in the day....todays bikes are so good compared.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2198
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]


As expected the guy (JTL ) posted a very interesting and informative post. And requested some simple answers. But as expected you could not even answer those questions. You are a fraud from start to Finnish. And you have been found out fair and square.
And what do you do, as always you try to rubbish the Guy.
 But of course if you want to continue to rubbish mine, and others posts. Then continue, the more you say the more stupid you look.

As per usual shouting from the back of room!!

With 5 bikes on the go Triumph with a TOR map so they did the work,two bikes with PC3’s one with a Rexxer map and the other with a PC’5 I’ve been around the block more than once with the exception of HT they all work the same check the Akra thread their were also dealing with dyno houses in South Wales and Bristol.

Although ironically their is a highly contested issue with modern day tuning not even touched on with this thread!!

While every tuner has his own way of working the end result and the dyno sheet allowing for different makes of dyno are the same but of course if someone wants to put up a modern day dyno run of their bike(any) lets have a look.

Offline JTL

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 241
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
As per usual shouting from the back of room!!

With 5 bikes on the go Triumph with a TOR map so they did the work,two bikes with PC3’s one with a Rexxer map and the other with a PC’5 I’ve been around the block more than once with the exception of HT they all work the same check the Akra thread their were also dealing with dyno houses in South Wales and Bristol.

Although ironically their is a highly contested issue with modern day tuning not even touched on with this thread!!

While every tuner has his own way of working the end result and the dyno sheet allowing for different makes of dyno are the same but of course if someone wants to put up a modern day dyno run of their bike(any) lets have a look.

I'll formulate a reply once I've deciphered what you have posted.

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2198
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:22 AM »
And when you show me your dyno runs i’ll Show the rest of my X/R ones  :001:

Offline JTL

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 241
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
And when you show me your dyno runs i’ll Show the rest of my X/R ones  :001:

Going round in circles now - see my previous post.

*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I’ve been around the block more than once with the exception of HT they all work the same....

A new angle! - So because HT do the tuning differently to the others you have mentioned they must fooling their customers?  Why?
Perhaps you feel more comfortable knowing that you are following the herd?
 
Just because HT are using a different method to tune the motorcycle it doesn't give you any reason to publicly denounce them on this forum as you have not provided any refutable evidence to support your claim that what HT are doing is fraudulent.  As I understand it you didn't have HT reprogram the ECU on your XR and therefore have not compared it directly to other forms of tuning, had you done so then your opinion might carry more weight.  It appears to be based entirely on your own limited understanding of how HT tunes a motorcycle.

You are of course entitled to express an opinion, but you have gone further and made an unsubstantiated accusation.

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2198
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »
You might be going round in circles but I'm certainly not I've been to HT I thought he was evasive at best and walked out,part of the heard!! now that's interesting because my view is completely the opposite I haven't been sucked into the social media frenzy I've taken the sensible approach by contacting multiple dyno houses and they have been more that happy to explain what they do.

As for evidence for my view point apart from my visit search this board their two HT dyno runs I've just looked at both and I'm more than happy to put up against mine up against such never mind the comments made by others.

Interesting you bring the word Fraudulent into the thread your word not mine.

As for how HT works  :002: shhh its a secret  :001: as luck would have it any other dyno tuner will tell you what they are doing.

Oh blimey nearly forgot I'll show my 80% and 60% runs when you show any evidence of your experience.


Offline kkellos

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: cy
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:51 PM »
Hi,
I put my bike on dyno before remove the acoustic inserts and after.
The dyno graph was excactly the same.

Online smithy

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1098
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Intake Restriction
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2019, 02:59:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by kkellos [+]
Hi,
I put my bike on dyno before remove the acoustic inserts and after.
The dyno graph was excactly the same.

Yep, changes nothing but the noise.!!  :027: :006:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!