Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navigator v1 media use  (Read 966 times)

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • Town: camelford
Navigator v1 media use
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi can anyone please advise how to set up the nav 6, with an interphone sport and iPhone 4. I have managed to get sat nav instructions through the headset and can get music to play from my phone but I want to play music through the nav, in order to save battery life on the phone. I was hoping to use the bikes system to manage the music eg change tracks , volume etc. The nav keeps saying must be an a2dp headset which it is. Also can I somehow download music from my iTunes account directly onto the nav and play it that way? Any help much appreciated!!

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Navigator v1 media use
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »
Put music on an SD Card as MP3 files and insert SD into SD slot in Nav. You can then play music and manage via Nav. Use phone for calls only and also run via Nav. If you have Garmin Smart Link on your phone you get traffic as well
PSH

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »
I used to have my music on my nav 5 but every time the sat nav kicked in with instructions my music went off and didn’t come back on i play mine through my phone works better just get a power plug for phone charger if U use a tank bag less haste

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
When I played music via the the phone and had nav connected for directions, it seemed to turn of the music as well (although could have been loss of signal?) . Is power plug waterproof? Excuse my ignorance but if I put music onto an sd card from iTunes , is that just specific tracks or can you actually download part of whole of library . Also will information about what's playing show on the screen?
Cheers for the feedback guys

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
iTunes songs are not MP3 format so you need to convert. I used a free app from the App Store.

The Nav is powered from the mount so why do you need to use the Aux power?
PSH

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by wealdy [+]
When I played music via the the phone and had nav connected for directions, it seemed to turn of the music as well (although could have been loss of signal?) . Is power plug waterproof? Excuse my ignorance but if I put music onto an sd card from iTunes , is that just specific tracks or can you actually download part of whole of library . Also will information about what's playing show on the screen?
Cheers for the feedback guys

Yes the Nav will interrupt the songs for directions as will the phone.

You can copy all iTunes songs to another directory and then use the app to convert to MP3 and then copy the MP3 files to your SD card. Worked fine for me.
PSH

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 06:09:48 PM »
Thanks again for the replies. I was talking about a power supply if I kept with the stream music from phone option, but I think it's more efficient to put music onto the nav and use this. Not being very teckie ( and old!!) I don't know how to move iTunes onto another directory? However I did manage today to convert a number of tracks into MP3 format and then transfer these to an SD card. However when I put the card into the nav nothing shows up? I rang Garmin who talked me through wiping the SD card again , but having done that , reloaded some songs and put it back into the nav nothing is showing again? Do I need a particular SD card or is it another issue? Cheers