Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pannier construction .....  (Read 3832 times)

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
Pannier construction .....
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:12:45 AM »
So my panniers arrived the other day from the motorrad store in Germany (bike arrives next week).  Being a sportsbike to adventure bike convertee, never really used panniers before so ..... there is what looks like a mounting block that comes with each pannier - can anyone with a set already explain how to fit it to the pannier, maybe with a picture or 2?

Thanks
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Pannier construction .....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:08 AM »
Once you get the bike and compare the blocks and mounting hardware already on the bike you'll find it pretty simple.  Did the setup in the parking lot of my dealer in about ten minutes with and electric driver for the screws.
I'm guessing you haven't had the locks done up with your keys as yet since the bike hasn't arrived? 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Once you get the bike and compare the blocks and mounting hardware already on the bike you'll find it pretty simple.  Did the setup in the parking lot of my dealer in about ten minutes with and electric driver for the screws.
I'm guessing you haven't had the locks done up with your keys as yet since the bike hasn't arrived?

OK thanks and no I haven't keyed the locks yet.  However that shouldn't take long, it looks pretty straightforward. Bike arrives next Friday and my first trip is a week later, so plenty of time to mount panniers and fit the lock barrels.  Looking forward to it.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »
I was very impressed with the finish and how well they were made.  Love the new shelving on the bottoms!  Hadn't had that before on any other the other panniers that I've had with BMW.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
Agree, they appear to be pretty decent.  I just found a handy place to store them:

S1000XR SE Sport

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 04:29:19 AM »
Those hangers are perfect for the panniers!

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 09:00:47 AM »
I think that it is shameful of BMW to produce red panniers for red bikes and SILVER for the white bikes
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »
Outstanding solution to pannier storage!!  I'll be setting that up in my garage pronto! 
Thanks!!   :152: