Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEW MEMBER Introduction  (Read 552 times)

Offline gladi8t

• XR Junior
NEW MEMBER Introduction
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:57:04 AM »
Hello everybody,

I am a new member o this site and yet to pickup my XR. However, I currently have a 2015 s1000rr that i have been using for mostly touring in West Africa. Given the excellent roads in this region (NOT) i have decided to move for the XR. In view of this, i would be more than grateful for any advice anybody can give me regarding the XR including must have accessories on the bike. Thank you all.  :046: LEARNER

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
Re: NEW MEMBER Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
 :400: to the forum.
I'm pretty sure you'll find the XR a more suitable steed for touring especially if the roads are as bad as you say.
In light of this, first addition/ modification should be protection for your oil and water radiator.
After that, there's heaps of info on the forum about tweaking your machine to suit whatever you're planning to use it for.
Looking forward to your contributions, questions and photos.
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:04:05 PM »
Hi   :408:  Great to have you along with the rest of us misfits  :002:   One rule you must obey is, not to mention the hot dry weather that you must have. We are just about ready to kick the Aussies off of here for Gloating about their weather.   :001: :001: :001: :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline gladi8t

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
Thank you both for coming to my aid and i promise not to talk about the weather :001:

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »
Hello gladi8t and welcome to the forum.   :002:

+1 on the rad and oil cooler guards. To me, these are a must.  As mentioned above, everything else after that, is more personal preference.   :001: