Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike ordered  (Read 1209 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Bike ordered
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
After a test ride yesterday I have ordered a new XR sport SE. Loved the bike although it is a very different riding position to my blade. Pick it up in 2 weeks time and will be racking up the first 600 miles super quick so I can get the full power after its service. I found on the test ride that just as the bike was starting to pick its heals up the 9k rev limiter spoiled the fun.

Will be looking to buy panniers in the near future. not sure whether to go BM ones or aftermarket. If I go aftermarket do any fit the existing pannier frame that come as standard on the bike?

Offline Taffcd

• XR Member
  • Welsh and Thirsty
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Bike ordered
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
Welcome, ref panniers I got mine from here  https://www.fastbikebits.com/product?xProd=4221  Shad I believe make the OEM Panniers.  These are a great price compared and work really well.  I also got the top box.  Remember to tick the box for the free inner bags.  Well worth the money.
Welsh and Thirsty

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
Enjoy the bike!

Shad are the obvious alternative to OEM, and it sounds like you have lost the initiative in cutting a deal on the OEM boxes from the dealer

I’m not aware of any other boxes that utilise the OEM frames, but that isn’t too serious - as lots of the systems use pretty unobtrusive/removable mounts.

Givi Outback Trekker and Dolomitis for box-shaped aluminium panniers.
SW Motech do a semi-rigid soft pannier system for the XR - not huge on capacity, but look to be pretty clever.

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »
Congrats on the new bike.   :002:

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 03:20:59 PM »
 :408:  Congrats on the new bike, great choice. Keep us informed on all the add on`s .
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Dicey

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Mintlaw
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 05:47:49 PM »
Congratulations on order of new bike, just ordered shad luggage today myself looks good in photos and good reviews from forum members on here and a good bit cheaper than bmw luggage.

Offline millview

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dicey [+]
Congratulations on order of new bike, just ordered shad luggage today myself looks good in photos and good reviews from forum members on here and a good bit cheaper than bmw luggage.

On the other hand, BMW will most likely give a big discount if panniers are bought with a new bike...
S1000XR Sport SE

Offline Dicey

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Mintlaw
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »
Aye would definitely be trying to get discount if buying new bike from BMW.

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
Former blade owner here.. Had 2 of them... The xr is a far superior bike... Faster than a blade on the road, and does it all in comfort.. On my second xr now and won't ever buy anything else... Well I may buy a second bike but my main bike.will be an xr.... I love blades, I'd like a 954 to sit in the garage just to sit and look at

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 09:00:20 AM »
Welcome to the mad house matey 😂 by golly some xr are being sold this year