Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front Mudguard Extender  (Read 955 times)

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
Front Mudguard Extender
« on: May 09, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
Only had my XR for a few weeks and not been out in particularly bad weather, but it is filthy!

The back end is just caked in mud etc, but more worrying is the radiator, which looks second hand already. I really feel the need for a extender for the front mudguard - any particular recommendations?

Also, is there a better rear hugger for containing the crap that seems to go everywhere?

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Front Mudguard Extender
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 02:52:35 PM »
I got the front fender extender from pyramid plastics works fine. I also bought a larger rear fender from Ebay. This works better than the original I will post the details Later.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Taffcd

• XR Member
  • Welsh and Thirsty
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »
Welsh and Thirsty

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 07:15:52 PM »
 :0461: Yep thats the one, works okay on mine. Only thing I changed were the Fixings as the supplied ones would soon rust as they were real cheap ones. :305:

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »
I also had the eBay one, keep an eye on it, as it’s chineese it’s dodgy, it actually broke at the fixing and a clear crack near enough the whole way across, took the hit and got a wunderlich one now, very similar but clearly better made with no blemishes.

Did you just stick on the front extender from pyramid? Colour contrast to the Matt black ??

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »
No tried on previous bike to stick it on, followed all the instructions. but was not happy with the result. Used there small black push fit locators on the XR so far Ok. For me colour match is fine. But I am not really that fussy   :002: 

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 11:17:55 PM »
Pyramid is fine don’t use the sticky pads take the mudguard off the bike slap a load of silicone on push it in place leave upside down over night solid as a rock and will ensure it is in the correct position also
If not fitted correct it will alter seating of mudguard and margins to the tyre will be out

dysfunctional