Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: best exhaust? Advice  (Read 2855 times)

Offline jayxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr se
  • Town: Manchester
best exhaust? Advice
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:08:53 PM »
Ordered a new bike this week. Still want to change standard exhaust to akra but whats also good and sounds the dog bolloks?

Any good mods you can reccomend?

Admin edit:  second off-topic question removed for reasons below.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Re: best exhaust? Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:31:08 PM »
Keep you money mate Akra is quieter than standard and is bigger and imo looks crap if I had the cash I would fit cobra ultra shot ultra short half the price of Akra and look the dogs
Screens are always down to choice I put a 43 tooth rear sprocket on mine that’s knocked off 500 revs at 80 mile an hour and works better for me
Puig levers are a good buy if you think clutch lever is s stretch

Offline Forum Admin

• XR Administrator
  • XR Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »
jayxr - appreciate you've just joined but please don't ask questions about different subjects in the same topic.

Your topic subject is about exhausts, so you need to create a seperate topic in relation to Sat Navs as that's totally different. Otherwise the thread gets totally disjointed, which is not good for someone reading it further down the line :038:

:821:

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »
Sorry admin I did go on a bit also  :431:

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:46:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Forum Admin [+]
jayxr - appreciate you've just joined but please don't ask questions about different subjects in the same topic.

Your topic subject is about exhausts, so you need to create a seperate topic in relation to Sat Navs as that's totally different. Otherwise the thread gets totally disjointed, which is not good for someone reading it further down the line :038:

:821:

You forgot the search facility.......  :164:

Topic has been done to death.

Offline Motoman

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Naples, Fl.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »
Check out BOS exhaust. Half the price of the Akra and great customer service. Love the looks too  :152:

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »
Hi Jay,

Here's a cut n' paste of a post I sent after buying & fitting the Cobra slip on, have a look in the gallery and you'll see some pics too. They sound the puppies privates especially with the DB's out above 6,000rpm.

Looks a big driver with what you'll buy, but why spend twice the amount for an Akra when it's huge and so bloody ugly.
(((The pipes are Cobra Hypershots Ultrashort Prime Slip-on BMW S 1000XR with end tip stainless steel polished upgrade and endpipe/muffler V2A matt black. Bought direct here's the link:
http://www.speed-products.com/Motorcycle-exhaust_108

I did a sneaky and typed TEN in the promotions/offer box and got a 10% off, so total price was £532 on a Nationwide card. With the db killers in they are not much louder but with them out they sound bloody fantastic, being an recent ex sport bike rider - for me they're spot on. The bonus is they're not loud until you get over 6000rpm, so perfect for home/villages/towns etc. I think the other bonus is I feel they'll fetch good money used on eBay.

Go for it!!!)))
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »
I got seduced by the dealer - on a EU3 Akra can for £600 installed.  :430:

Sounds good, and to be honest - doesn’t make an ugly bike.......... look any uglier.

I must admit to liking the look of the more ‘minimal’ designs out there, though.

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »
I think you can still pull the baffle on the Euro3 but not the Euro4 Akras?

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
jayxr

Well, here's another opinion (everyone has one). Forget getting an exhaust and take that money to possibly get????....

- Kickstand enlarger - Windscreen - Oil & Radiator guards - Clutch & Brake Levers - Head Light protectors - Chain Adjuster/ Alignment tool.

As for an exhaust for the XR, "I feel" - just saying the stock exhaust fits the XR's unusual good looks pretty darn good and works very well/ well enough. Also, other than some weight loss, different sound/ cosmetics, an aftermarket exhaust doesn't provide any major/ enough improvement in performance over the stock can to warrant one (heck even if 10/ 15 extra HP could be achieved, how often will it "really" be used/ appreciated on 500LB upright 160/ 165HP machine?).

Anyway, "everybody" has there personal preferences as to how they like/ want "their stuff" to look & be, therefore "its Burger King have it your way"/ no right and wrong
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:21:59 AM by mike k »
mike k

dysfunctional