Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shout out for good customer service  (Read 877 times)

Offline Snowcat73

• XR Member
  • Bikes Dogs camping family beer, not in any order
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Manchester
Shout out for good customer service
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:42:09 PM »
I know that we are all quick to jump on message boards to slate bad customer service but following a positive experience I thought it only right to share. I have been struggling with an electrical issue regarding the wiring of my non BMW satnav (it may have been I wasn't explaining the problem clearly), but I was getting a variety of different solutions. I decided to email my sales contact at Williams BMW Manchester asking the same question. He replied saying he'd have a word with technical and get back to me. I'd heard nothing and forgot about it until I got a phone call from the workshop manager this morning, I talked him through the problem, he asked for further technical details about how what and where etc and asked a lot of questions before diagnosing the problem and offering not 1 but 3 different solutions.

The guy went above and beyond, was happy to answer my questions, even though there was nothing in it for him or the dealer and at the end suggested I tried the steps he'd explained to me and call him back if I had any issues or to let him know the outcome. I was really impressed with his, and the dealership's attitude and just felt I had to share my experience.

Whilst I currently have no intention of changing bikes anytime soon, make no mistake, when I do it will be with Williams BMW Manchester, a credit to the franchise and no wonder they win awards for customer service.
S1000XR latest in a long list, 30+ yrs in bikes, Castrol 2 stroke flows through my veins, my suspension is shot and the bodywork is a bit knackered but still plenty of life left in this high miler 😁

Offline otrp

• XR Master
Re: Shout out for good customer service
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »
Nice write-up. Dealers such as that, deserve our business.  :028:

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »
Same here Cotswold Mottorad Cheltenham go way beyond to help customers.  In over 40 years on bikes they are light years better than any other dealer I've dealt with.  Can't actually imagine buying another brand now as the local Triumph and KTM dealers are horrendous  and I'm not a Honda fan so locally I'm knackered.

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
I had a call myself today from Williams BMW in Manchester to ask how I was getting on with my XR that I bought back in October which was unexpected but nice. The actual purchase proceedure was outstanding which will go along way when purchasing my next bike.
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »
I think the strength of the BMW dealer network in general is a key factor that would likely make my next bike a BMW as well. So many of them are Shared by car dealerships and operate to the same high standards. If you’re buying a £50k car you expect the best in service.