Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 6 days to wait  (Read 2261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Alice2016

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: BMW XR1000 SE
  • Town: Bedworth
6 days to wait
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
Hi all and thanks for having me
Unfortunately I’ve got to wait 6 days until
I can pick up my 2300 mile 2015 XR
Having owned the ZZR 1400 and a Triumph Tiger I think I’ve now found the perfect blend
I had a 1 1/2 hour test ride on Saturday but was hooked on the first bypass once I got used to the quickshift  :008:
Full BMW luggage will be used in September when we go off to the Pyrenees for two weeks




Offline otrp

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 639
  • Country: us
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
Hello Alice and welcome to the forum. It's going to be a long six days, but the day will come.  :002:

Offline Low-Brau

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 513
  • Country: us
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »
I took mine for a test drive, and just kept going.  I sent a check in the mail.  Thank goodness it arrived before the constable knocked on my door.

Anyhow, we’re happy to have you here, and if you do not post pictures of the roads in the Pyrenees for us to enjoy, you owe all 1000+ members a pastry of their choice.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Becksy

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
I took mine for a test drive, and just kept going.  I sent a check in the mail.  Thank goodness it arrived before the constable knocked on my door.

Anyhow, we’re happy to have you here, and if you do not post pictures of the roads in the Pyrenees for us to enjoy, you owe all 1000+ members a pastry of their choice.

Welcome Alice. I have done the Pyrenees. Awesome it was.
Do you really call them constables in the US Lowbrau?

Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2020
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Becksy [+]
Welcome Alice. I have done the Pyrenees. Awesome it was.
Do you really call them constables in the US Lowbrau?
[/color]



I think low-brau is a closet Brit  :114:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2020
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:54:06 PM »
Another six days and it will be Alice in Wonderland.  :001: :001: And in the best Red colour.. :164:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Waynexr1000

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 484
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
Welcome Alice sure u will enjoy the xr
And bree how many’s times do I have to say red is not the best or the fastest  :157:  :157: :305:

Offline eljay998

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
  • Country: gb
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 07:04:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Alice2016 [+]
Hi all and thanks for having me
Unfortunately I’ve got to wait 6 days until
I can pick up my 2300 mile 2015 XR
Having owned the ZZR 1400 and a Triumph Tiger I think I’ve now found the perfect blend
I had a 1 1/2 hour test ride on Saturday but was hooked on the first bypass once I got used to the quickshift  :008:
Full BMW luggage will be used in September when we go off to the Pyrenees for two weeks








N260 to Sort.....Mmmmm, now that's a road!   :082:
S1000XR sport SE

Offline bazzer

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 675
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 07:07:04 AM »
I will be doing a few days on the N260 end of July beginning of August as part of a big tour. It is indeed a great road. What i like is the fact it changes its not all once type of riding. All of it is pretty good though :-)


Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2020
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: 6 days to wait
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
Welcome Alice sure u will enjoy the xr
And bree how many’s times do I have to say red is not the best or the fastest  :157:  :157: :305:




Low - Brau told me to say it. Red is the fastest and the best  :430: 
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

 



dysfunctional