Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Racefoxx Radiator/ Oil Cooler Protection  (Read 2938 times)

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Gloucestershire
Racefoxx Radiator/ Oil Cooler Protection
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:19:15 AM »
Just received the cooler protection set from Racefoxx, a German firm.   €92.80.
Whilst the guards themselves seem OK, there are NO instructions or fitting advice and the only parts additional to the guards themselves are a couple of cable ties.
Crap.  How can they think that having some alloy flapping around at the front of a performance motorcycle held on with zip ties is anything like safe or adequate?

So personally I'll be sending these back - which is a pain because they do not pay the return postage and I have no idea if they'll actually refund the cost of the bits anyway. 

This is just info to avoid these parts for anyone who wants it .  Also the response from Racefoxx themselves has been less than helpful.  It can be summed up as "Put the mesh over the cooler and fix it with the straps around the cooler holder. Thats all!".

Helpful.

Pete

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
Re: Racefoxx Radiator/ Oil Cooler Protection
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »
Update.  Have spent lots of time trying to get the guards from Racefoxx to fit and they ..... don't.
Whatever they say about these being right for the XR is not right. There is nowhere to fit them to and unless you hang them up on the zip ties like last Wednesday's washing forget it.
Update 2 coming after I find out when and what they'll refund.
P

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »
Get your money back, and get some Evotech guards. No cable ties, and the fit and finish is fantastic.

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
Thanks Rich - already ordered!

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
got the Evotech as well on in half an hour once you man up and pull the plastics off.  Sorry i get a bit worried I know how much they cost.  But great bits of kit and I like the black more that the silver from the rad.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:43:28 PM »
To be fair to Racefoxx, I returned their radiator and oil cooler guard set back to them in Germany and they have refunded not only the purchase price with the cost of P&P but also the cost of my return postage, so good on them.
The Evotech guard set I replaced it with certainly fits properly with bolts and stuff!

dysfunctional