Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Rutland  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Rich

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Rutland
Hi from Rutland
« on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
I get mine September 1st.  Sold my GS and a Yam MT-07 to fund.

Offline AussieJonathan

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bayview, NSW, AU
Re: Hi from Rutland
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »
Hi

Not long now then. I take mine in for the first service this weekend and all good. I found the break-in period good fun - don't stick to the same speed for long periods , best run-in on hilly, twisting roads... Ok you got it. Only thing was keeping the revs down but it's actually still quick using up to 6000 so no real loss of fun.

Cheers

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: Hi from Rutland
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:21:08 AM »
Welcome and count the hours great bike with a lot of presence was in the Alps 2 weeks ago and At Col De Lisrean there was a lot of bikes from Harleys to KTM's and the 2 bikes that caused the most to gather around them were My XR and a 2015 Multi.  The Italians in the group were looking down there nose at it until I left the multi on the Downhill run south side of the col,  was carrying the Missus and luggage as well so the bike is well balanced and fast even loaded.  But I am used to carrying as covered about 15 to 20k with the wife on the back of various bikes.  It is fun in almost every aspect apart from the bar tingle but there are posts on this and other forums about that issue.  ENJOY :002:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.