Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Misgivings about my xr  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
Misgivings about my xr
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »
Hi guys need a little input
Firstly is there any real difference between road and dynamic in the suspension settings I thinks it’s the same in either feels just as stiff over bumpy roads in both modes imo
All you guys who have had a gs I don’t think the xr is as stable leant over when travelling at 90 mph I’ve rode along roads I know like the back of my hand and my xr was no where near as stable as my gs
Also this week and last week I had what I can only describe a a low back tyre feeling or a skip had it today as well travelling at speed down a hill approx 85 mph took the left hander no problem swung it over immediately to take the right hander half way round the back end seemed to just wallow all over the place I didn’t slow down and got through it but it sure did unnerve me I’m loosing a bit faith in it if I’m honest I know the gs is totally different with the no dive flat around corners suspension and is it just the fact that I have ridden a gs for 5 years or is there a problem with my bike I’m gonna speak with the dealer on Monday
On a nice smooth road my xr is fine but throw a bit of unevenness and mines all over the place maybe it’s the t30s skipping I just don’t know but it is putting the wind up me now and again

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Misgivings about my xr
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
Hi Wayne, Personally I keep my suspension on dynamic all of the time. But I have the opposite to you, I find the bike one of the most stable road bikes I have ever had. I really do have a lot of confidence with this bike, and am not afraid to really push it hard.
I would be making a visit to the dealer to have it checked out. But I would also check out the tyres. As they would play a big part in how stable the bike is when pushed hard.
I will also say even with the suspension set at road, it feels stable and on rails.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline caister

• XR Member
  • Town: Tadley (Hants)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 10:43:15 PM »
Hi Wayne,
I notice a big difference between road and dynamic and most of the time I keep it in road and then switch to dynamic when I'm having fun on a well laid road. Dynamic on a bumpy road just feels awful to me. I'm guessing rider weight plays a big part and at 92Kg I'm on the heavier side of things.
I seem to be getting on with the T30 tyres and they have a mixed bag of reviews. They arnt perfect and I have had that wallowing feeling you describe when my rear tyre had been a tad low.
Overall the bike is confidence inspiring and I can't really fault it. I would definitely get it booked in for a check.
Good luck!

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
I’m gonna get it looked at I think since I’ve had the xr up until the last two weeks I’ve ridden in cold damp conditions so it’s been fine but last two weeks it’s been hot and dry so given it some welly and that’s where it has let me down 😢

Offline CobraKai

• XR Member
  • Town: CA
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 07:13:34 PM »
There is a definite difference between road and dynamic suspension modes. It's not a massive difference, but I can definitely notice it.

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Town: England
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:29:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
I’m gonna get it looked at I think since I’ve had the xr up until the last two weeks I’ve ridden in cold damp conditions so it’s been fine but last two weeks it’s been hot and dry so given it some welly and that’s where it has let me down 😢

When you take yours in, ask the dealer if you can take the XR demonstrator out - cover the same roads if you can - It will give you a good comparison.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »
I find there is a lot less dive under braking in dynamic.

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »
I actually started a thread on here recently about the t30's being garbage,  I had zero confidence in the bike in corners compared to my old xr which ran rosso 2's... My old xr was a sport, no electronic  suspension.. The new one is an s.e and tbh I was starting to regret going for the top spec one.. Fast forward 3 weeks to now, the bike has had its first service and holy sh#t!...  I don't know if the tyre pressures were wrong and that has been corrected on first service,  or that I have put a rounder profile on the tyres but its ridiculously good, even with the bridgestones...  no chicken strips here

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
When you take yours in, ask the dealer if you can take the XR demonstrator out - cover the same roads if you can - It will give you a good comparison.

Yeah just sent service manager an email to that effect see what he says tomorrow he’s been off today

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »
I had a puig touring screen at at one point and sold it cause the bike felt wondering at high speed round long sweepers maybe it’s my bike and not the screen 😢😢😡

dysfunctional