Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shad. Panniers  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Paddykwak

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Wolverhampton
Shad. Panniers
« on: May 21, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
Is anybody using or used Shad panniers, I'm thinking of getting some as they are half the price of bmw panniers.

Offline gsenzer

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Somerville
Re: Shad. Panniers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »
I bought them last year and have used them several times.  They're great.  The mounting system is, I believe better than OEM.  At least it looks better...  Strong, too.

Beware; it took a long time to get them delivered.  Customer service was challenged but, overall they're good.  They communicate well and, certainly take care of business but, their distribution process seems a little complicated.

I'd buy them again.   

Offline Dicey

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Mintlaw
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
Just bought last week sh36 panniers and 39l  top box with back pad and fitting kit £512,looks quite good as well easy enough to fit gave bike a 50 mile spin not flat out but a brisk pace round twisty roads, perfect nothing in panniers though,away to wsbk at donnington on Friday so fully loaded with wife on back as well 1000 + miles round trip so will find out properly then

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
I have the shad panniers and bmw top box! Good few long trips! Really like them!

Offline billywizzz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: dorset
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
Have the sh shad sh36 panniers on mine and find them excellent also use the inner bags just more practical if stopping at hotel etc.very stable and have tested that at autobahn speed. My only criticism is they could mount closer to the bike, otherwise a great choice.

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
Very happy with the Shad system. Side cases SH36 and top case SH48 that holds two full face helmets  :156:
The 3P mounting system is easy to install although a little fiddly with all the spacers and washers but a solid system.
Got the back rest for the missus and a carbon cover to complement the look  :038: ... and at half the price compared to BMW luggage, could certainly afford it!
Incidentally, SHAD makes the cases for BMW  :007:

Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Offline Paddykwak

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Wolverhampton
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:13:51 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll give they a try.