Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello :-) New Owner here  (Read 639 times)

Offline ianran

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Northants
Hello :-) New Owner here
« on: May 24, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
Ok so I've been on GS's and GSA's for the last 10 years, my wife passed her test a year ago and decided now was a good time to upgrade.
She fancied an S1000XR so I patiently explained to her what was wrong with it as a bike and how she would be better off looking at other models.
To prove my point I arranged a test drive for myself so I could giver her first hand knowledge.......... big . big mistake!
I picked my 2018 S100XR up two weeks ago and her 2nd hand one will be picked up tomorrow.!! :046:

For those who want to know why she didn't ride it herself, she's a below knee  left leg amputee so needs a kliktronic to shift gear for her! Im picking he bike up then swapping the Kliktronic over from her current bike.

We are off to France for a couple of thousand mile bedding in in just over a week so are looking forward to having some fun.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Hello :-) New Owner here
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »
 :460:  Great posting, Proves my point  Bloody massive respect to both of you, have a great trip and keep us informed on the trip....
 :305: :305: :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 06:01:30 PM »
Hey well done and welcome, can't quite see how it was a big mistake apart from hitting your pocket hard.

Anyway there's only one thing better than an S1000XR and that's two of them.

Show off!!!  :400:
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Hi Ian waelcone to the forum great admiration for your mrs mate that’s awesome enjoy mate

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »
ianran - Welcome & congratulations. Having owned various R's - S's - GS (I still like em), however, I feel the XR is superior in virtually every area, and the more I ride it, the more I appreciate it - I hope that goes the same with you.
mike k

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »
Hello ianran. Welcome to the forum.  We bikers are so knowledgeable about what we think we know.  :001:  So glad to see the XR seduced you also.  :008:  :008:  :008:  Great story.  :002:

Glad to see the misses doesn't let her situation stop her passion. Awesome story.  :460:  Let us know how you are both enjoying the new bikes.

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »
 :400: Mr & Mrs Ianran...
Great story and I take my hat off to the missus... Enjoy the France trip on the new "toys"...  :305:
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...