Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newby lurker here Triumph Sprint 1050 ST currently.  (Read 691 times)

Offline rvfbill

• XR Junior
  • Bike: triumph 1050 ST
  • Town: Washington uk
Newby lurker here Triumph Sprint 1050 ST currently.
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:59:09 AM »
Hi ALL, looking at trading up to a XR and enjoying the forum.
Q which is the best mode for spirited bumpy road riding in the Yorkshire dales?
Bill

Offline Mozza

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Lincs
Re: Newby lurker here Triumph Sprint 1050 ST currently.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
You won't regret trading up, they're a fantastic bike and do everything. Had mine almost 3 years now and love it.

I tend to leave mine in dynamic for everything and it does just fine. There's probably lots of technical reasons for swapping from this to that and maybe getting a little bit more something from the suspension etc. but I prefer to just ride it  :002:

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mozza [+]
You won't regret trading up, they're a fantastic bike and do everything. Had mine almost 3 years now and love it.

I tend to leave mine in dynamic for everything and it does just fine. There's probably lots of technical reasons for swapping from this to that and maybe getting a little bit more something from the suspension etc. but I prefer to just ride it  :002:

Agree with you on that one, I very rarely change my set up. bike normally set on road = suspension set on dynamic. The guys I Normally ride with are on ZX10Rs Etc, I have no trouble keeping up, so can see no reason to faff about with the settings.  :305: :305: :305:

Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
Hence why I bought a non ESA X/R  :001:

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
To commute in the city I always found on my S1000R, road to be a more exciting, more responsive mode to ride on.
This has been a tough 2 weeks... 6 more days to pick mine up
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
Hello Bill  :400:

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by rvfbill [+]
Hi ALL, looking at trading up to a XR and enjoying the forum.
Q which is the best mode for spirited bumpy road riding in the Yorkshire dales?
Bill

I live in Southern Calif., where there's varying degrees of bad to good roads, and at 190LB's, I keep mine 90% + of the time in ROAD & One Helmet mode, which I find "perfect" for twisty/ curvy roads and big sweepers up to about 100MPH (as for those 100MPH + sweepers, I wish I was in DYNAMIC, bit that dilemma maybe occurs 1% to 5% of my riding.

As for the XR in general, I found that one really "does not have to do a thing to it", other than just ride it off the showroom floor and enjoy (however, I did get a MRA Screen - Radiator & Oil guards - Kick Stand Enlarger). Also, for me my 2016 XR has been the best do-it-all, up-right long distant/ all-day comfort, also best-handling motorcycle I've had (I dont see how much more BMW can improve it, however I bet they probably have a few things up their sleeve in the future). As for the XR's power, based on its gearing, I've found that it'll stay with "any" 180 to 200HP motorcycle up to about 120MPH +/ -, which is fine with me, because thats where 95% of the action is for me, on the real roads of life, not the track.
mike k

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 04:51:43 PM »
I was up home in the dales last month, went for a great ride up to settle, ribblehead viaduct, hawes over butter tubs pass to Kirby Stephen (Cumbria) then back to hawes over to outtershaw buckden leyburn back to kettlewell then home, most of the small tight roads I was in road suspension and dynamic mode. But for the hawes road changed full dynamic suspension, change of the fly very easy and a noticeable change for the fun parts and road nice and relaxed for the singles track tight stuff.  :305: :400: