Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 4th Dimension Accident Repair  (Read 770 times)

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
4th Dimension Accident Repair
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
Unfortunately some minor accident damage to my XR a few day ago so likely won't be riding for a few weeks. Once again my insurers tried to make me use their tied repairer - 4th Dimension.

Last time I used them 5 years ago they were really slow - they took 3 months to repair minor damage to my Explorer. So this time I told my insurer No and that I wanted the work done by my local BMW Dealer which they have agreed.

Has anyone else had experience of 4th Dimension??
PSH

Online JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: 4th Dimension Accident Repair
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
After an accident a few years back my insurer wanted the bike to go to 4th dimension.  A Google search revealed they are worse than useless if you want a good job done.  I called them and they hadn't got a bl**dy clue.  The insurer increased the excess by £250 for not using the cowboys. 

2 * rating on Trustpilot

I got all my money back and the increased excess from Central Bedforshire Council so it wasn't an issue in the end.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
After an accident a few years back my insurer wanted the bike to go to 4th dimension.  A Google search revealed they are worse than useless if you want a good job done.  I called them and they hadn't got a bl**dy clue.  The insurer increased the excess by £250 for not using the cowboys. 

2 * rating on Trustpilot

I got all my money back and the increased excess from Central Bedforshire Council so it wasn't an issue in the end.
To be fair, the final job was ok but they just too far to long - 3 months for a job that could have been easily done in 3 weeks

:230: :305:
PSH

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
That’s why unless it’s a gapping difference between a BMW workshop and a non BMW, for a small difference I would always rather go BMW especially if it involves insurance... by law an insurance company cannot force you to choose a repair shop, the only thing they can force you to do is to use BMW original parts or parts that they will agree to... you can take you bike to a BMW woorkshop anytime and insurance cannot tell you otherwise.
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline Fordy99

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Cambs
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
My recent experience of 4th Dimension was actually quite good. They kept me informed and updated at all times and although it did take longer than expected - it was only 3-4 days out from their original estimate.  They gave it a full valet too - it was like a new bike. My bike needed a service anyway, so put it into BMW who double checked everything. They said it was a really good job.

dysfunctional