Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel leak under tank  (Read 504 times)

Offline Tonym

• XR Member
  • Bike: Xr1000se
  • Town: Staffs
Fuel leak under tank
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:48 PM »
 :172:
Ayup all I'm interested to find out if anyone has had a fuel leak on one of the fuel pipes under the tank and what response you got from BMW as mine came off on Monday in the fast lane on the m6 bike cut out spat fuel everywere and left me in the central reservation trying to push 250 kg across 3 lanes to safety bikes only done 3900 miles can't believe it as the dealer says he had heard of a few bikes suffering from this problem but no recall BOLLOCKS ME YHINKS

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Fuel leak under tank
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:56:15 PM »
Yep quite a few threads on here about this. But as I understand it BM will repair the fault. But I would press them very hard for a free repair. If they want to charge you.......
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Throbster

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR 2016
  • Town: High Peak
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
Happened to my XR 6 mths after getting it.  Fortunately in the garage .  Spewed fuel everywhere.  As it was still under warranty BMW collected and eventually replaced a cheap pipe clip under the tank which had failed.  That was Williams in Manchester.  I had read about several others having had this problem but BMW made no admissions of fault and never did a recall to replace the sub standard clips.
Lane 3 on the M6 is not a good place for it to happen.  Thankfully your OK.

Offline Tonym

• XR Member
  • Bike: Xr1000se
  • Town: Staffs
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
Cheers chaps bm told me not to ride the bike and get it taken back to them they will look at it but hey this is a very serious problem and surely they should look at the problem as it could have been a lot worse lost all confidence with the bike now don't no wot I'm goin do with it 😡😡😡

dysfunctional