Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navigator VI  (Read 1663 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Navigator VI
« on: June 10, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
When I purchased my new bike I added the Navigator VI as an option to replace the Tom Tom rider 410 I used on my Fireblade. So far the Nav VI seems a better piece of kit and more user friendly. When doing big trips I prefer to plan them on my PC and then transfer them over to the satnav device. What software are people using and what are the benefits over other packages? I downloaded the Garmin stuff to my laptop but so far am quite unimpressed with it. Seems slow and not as flexible as I would like.

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
Re: Navigator VI
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
my route  app  :028: get the gold  :028:
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 01:11:26 PM »
I was using Garmin Basecamp for over a year and was hell bent on learning how to use & master it, then I had a conversation with the tour leader on my last bike trip who convinced me to take a look at myrouteapp.

The are the same Dutch company that offer Tyre to Travel, but their web based system is much better and way easier to use than anything I've looked at before.

There's loads of tutorial videos and a support site for specific questions. I believe they are offering a 30% discount for the Gold package which worked out at £60 for a lifetime membership, bargain I thought.

Works for me and easy to pick up and use.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 01:46:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Spiceboy [+]
I was using Garmin Basecamp for over a year and was hell bent on learning how to use & master it, then I had a conversation with the tour leader on my last bike trip who convinced me to take a look at myrouteapp.

The are the same Dutch company that offer Tyre to Travel, but their web based system is much better and way easier to use than anything I've looked at before.

There's loads of tutorial videos and a support site for specific questions. I believe they are offering a 30% discount for the Gold package which worked out at £60 for a lifetime membership, bargain I thought.

Works for me and easy to pick up and use.

Well bugger me, I've just had an promo email and today is the last day of the lifetime gold membership offer.
Better be quick for a good deal.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »
Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I will have a look at it now.

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »
Sorry about jumping on someone else’s thread but it is regarding the nav VI.

I have it and also have 2 Shoei Neotec II with the built in Sena SRL Bluetooth systems,

Now, issue I’m having, is to be able to connect everything together and use multiple functions at the same time.

Ideally I would want to connect he Nav with my phone as to be able to hear the GPS and music at the same time, but as well as connect both helmets as to use the intercom with the missus.

So... I’ve tried different options and none seem to work properly.

Option 1 - pair phone to nav, pair nav to helmet, pair phone to helmet and finally pair both helmets together. By doing this, I can stream music from the phone directly to the helmet and hear it clearly,  also can hear the missus intercom clearly, I can also use the music share option that the helmets have so that it is played into the missus helmet, but with all these signals it means that the nav does not come through to the helmet clearly. Super scratchy, distorted and high pitched.

Option 2 - pair phone to sat nav, pair  nav to helmet and pair both helmets (so in this option I don’t pair the helmet to the phone). I can hear the nav clearly, music clearly (playing music through the nav and selecting my iPhone as the source) and missus clearly, but in this option for some reason when I start the music share option, it doesn’t play through in my missus helmet although it acknowledges that it is on. She can always pair her helmet to her phone and listen to her music, but she would like to listen to same thing as I do, and as the equipment is meant to be able to do so, not sure as to why it is not working properly.

Called Sena, they asked if the firmware was updated and if i had done a factory reset after the firmware update as you are meant to do every time imitou update it, and I had done it as soon as I bought both units.

Also the nav is fully updated.

Any ideas?
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
I have a nav VI and find it's much simpler to listen to music from a mirco sim card and access it via the media player in Apps. If you have the hand wheel it also controls all the music menu system. Plus it doesn't drain your phone battery.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »
I don’t have a lot of the music I have on my iPhone as mp3 files so that’s why I would really like to find a solution especially since the equipment is meant to allow this.
Maybe I’m just not seeing something obvious...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:25:26 PM by SAVAGEFOX »
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline JohnnyBeGood

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »
Option 1: Mistake! You cannot double-pair your Phone to NAV and Headset without expecting problems.

Option 2: Sounds like normal operation for devices mentioned.

So your choices are to loose either Phone capabilities through NAV or Music sharing with the missus.
Other option is connect with extra BT module in between.

*Originally Posted by SAVAGEFOX [+]
Sorry about jumping on someone else’s thread but it is regarding the nav VI.

I have it and also have 2 Shoei Neotec II with the built in Sena SRL Bluetooth systems,

Now, issue I’m having, is to be able to connect everything together and use multiple functions at the same time.

Ideally I would want to connect he Nav with my phone as to be able to hear the GPS and music at the same time, but as well as connect both helmets as to use the intercom with the missus.

So... I’ve tried different options and none seem to work properly.

Option 1 - pair phone to nav, pair nav to helmet, pair phone to helmet and finally pair both helmets together. By doing this, I can stream music from the phone directly to the helmet and hear it clearly,  also can hear the missus intercom clearly, I can also use the music share option that the helmets have so that it is played into the missus helmet, but with all these signals it means that the nav does not come through to the helmet clearly. Super scratchy, distorted and high pitched.

Option 2 - pair phone to sat nav, pair  nav to helmet and pair both helmets (so in this option I don’t pair the helmet to the phone). I can hear the nav clearly, music clearly (playing music through the nav and selecting my iPhone as the source) and missus clearly, but in this option for some reason when I start the music share option, it doesn’t play through in my missus helmet although it acknowledges that it is on. She can always pair her helmet to her phone and listen to her music, but she would like to listen to same thing as I do, and as the equipment is meant to be able to do so, not sure as to why it is not working properly.

Called Sena, they asked if the firmware was updated and if i had done a factory reset after the firmware update as you are meant to do every time imitou update it, and I had done it as soon as I bought both units.

Also the nav is fully updated.

Any ideas?

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »
I'm quite surprised how many people listen to music when riding. Every bike I have owned comes with its own soundtrack and when riding every distraction taken away has to be a good thing to help stay safe.

dysfunctional