Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from New York  (Read 975 times)

Offline GabiM

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW s100xr
  • Town: New York
Hello from New York
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
Hi everyone. This is a great forum and I’m looking forward to learn and contribute.  Used to ride a bmw k1300s and traded in last week for s1000xr! Very different bike and much more comfortable and fun. I’m in the financial advisory business and work out of Manhattan. I used to commute from Long Island to the city with the bike, but that wasnt very effective and fun. I like to explore riding to new places and take scenic rides. Long Island has some nice rides along the north shore but I would like to ride in Europe one day.

Through ideas from this forum, I have made a couple of enhancements and modifications so far:

1.mobile phone gps bracket(using Waze saved me from a speeding ticket!!)
2. Evotech handlebars weights- really helpful
3. Air Hawk R seat- not crazy about it
4. Wunderlich 25mm handlebars risers- so far loves them but not sure if they cause wobbling in high speed
5. Hepco and Baker engine guards- those are really great and they come with sliders as well
6. Wunderlich highway foot pegs- installed them on the engine bars and now i can extend my legs looking riding a Harley.
7. BMW endurogard pants/ not a mod but really nice pants!!

Love to get some feedback from you about the best paces you guys ride and any mods made

Thanks

Gabi

Offline GabiM

• XR Junior
Re: Hello from New York
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
Also replaced original screen with MRA screen. Much better than stock

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
Hello Gabi and welcome to the forum.   :002:

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:41:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by GabiM [+]
Hi everyone. This is a great forum and I’m looking forward to learn and contribute.  Used to ride a bmw k1300s and traded in last week for s1000xr! Very different bike and much more comfortable and fun. I’m in the financial advisory business and work out of Manhattan. I used to commute from Long Island to the city with the bike, but that wasnt very effective and fun. I like to explore riding to new places and take scenic rides. Long Island has some nice rides along the north shore but I would like to ride in Europe one day.

Through ideas from this forum, I have made a couple of enhancements and modifications so far:

1.mobile phone gps bracket(using Waze saved me from a speeding ticket!!)
2. Evotech handlebars weights- really helpful
3. Air Hawk R seat- not crazy about it
4. Wunderlich 25mm handlebars risers- so far loves them but not sure if they cause wobbling in high speed
5. Hepco and Baker engine guards- those are really great and they come with sliders as well
6. Wunderlich highway foot pegs- installed them on the engine bars and now i can extend my legs looking riding a Harley.
7. BMW endurogard pants/ not a mod but really nice pants!!

Love to get some feedback from you about the best paces you guys ride and any mods made

Thanks

Gabi

Welcome to the forum Gabi,

I’ll be in New York in September and could meet if you’re up for it.
I would also love to get to ride in the us, but bringing the bike over is crazy expensive for a weeks holiday and I couldn’t find anywhere to hire a bike on the affordable side?!

I’m looking to fit the bar risers and bar end weights you have, looking for an HP seat , could you post a photo of the highway foot rests? And which phone mount do you have? Photo?
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline GabiM

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »

OTRP would love to ride with you when you r in NY. Try to touch base with some of the people  here on Lnog Island. Many of them own multiple bikes and perhaps on of them would lend you one. Unfortunately, I only have one bike.  The phone holder you can get from Amazon

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 11:11:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by GabiM [+]

OTRP would love to ride with you when you r in NY. Try to touch base with some of the people  here on Lnog Island. Many of them own multiple bikes and perhaps on of them would lend you one. Unfortunately, I only have one bike.  The phone holder you can get from Amazon

Gabi, it was SAVAGEFOX that wanted the meet up.   :002:

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:16:21 PM »
 :430:

That’s fine...

Any idea of someone who would lend, rent a bike for a few days?

I’ll be there from 16 to 22 of September.
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline GabiM

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 11:29:17 PM »
I sent u an email

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »
Thanks buddy, sent you one back
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 07:05:12 AM »
I have one of those phone holders for the GPS mount, it looks a great bit of kit. Not used it yet though as the bit that grips the phone presses on the volume button on my One Plus 3 phone. So really need another phone to use with it :-)

dysfunctional