Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Decat pipe  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Paddykwak

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Wolverhampton
Decat pipe
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:42 AM »
Hi Forum,
Has anybody decated their XR, and what's the best way to go about it.
Cheers
Paddykwak

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Decat pipe
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:29 AM »
Do a search it has been done but there’s no info about how,if it involves having to take the stock headers off and then refitting I wish you the very best of luck taking it off is bad enough.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:06:13 AM »
I just got a set of Arrow stainless headers.....that'll get rid of the cat..!!

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Garbo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1kxr
  • Town: Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
 :0461: smithy. Akra headers for me. Tried to find a way to remove cat but it is welded to headers. Best mod I’ve done. Bike runs quite a bit cooler and not too much noisier. 👌

Offline sie617

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2017 sport se
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »
When you’ve changed over the headers, what happens to the flapper valve and lambda sensor ?

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by sie617 [+]
When you’ve changed over the headers, what happens to the flapper valve and lambda sensor ?

With Akra headers, the flapper is history and there are bungs in the headers for the Lambda sensors.

Offline Garbo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1kxr
  • Town: Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 02:10:30 AM »
Akra headers retain lambda sensors. Arrow headers don’t. I fitted a servobuddy from Skutrnet so does not throw error code 🤓

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Garbo [+]
Akra headers retain lambda sensors. Arrow headers don’t. I fitted a servobuddy from Skutrnet so does not throw error code 🤓

Not true...my new Arrow headers have bungs for the sensors..!! Just remove the servo cables from the "servo end", leave them attatched to the flapper valve when you remove the old original headers...the servo still "thinks" it's working and the system is none the wiser.😁😁

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Patrick Bateman

• XR Pro
  • Bike: K1600GTL & ZX10R
  • Town: Sydney
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
Removing the exup valve cables won't throw a check engine light - but it can be seen when you perform a health check scan with the Hextool of BMW scanner.
When you power up the bike, the valve performs a self test (you can hear it cycle). When the drive motor detects movement has gone past the set limit, it assumes that either the cable is broken... you've removed it.
If the motor doesnt move and the ECU sees high load on the circuit, this would indicate the valve is jammed - that should bring the check engine light on.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:57:09 AM by Patrick Bateman »
I need to return some videotapes.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 05:03:48 PM »
Anyone thinking of going the header route i’d Advise to do plenty of home work be it taking the bodywork off re Cuban Riders vid and do yourself a drawing of the tank on a piece of A4 paper and as you take the screws out poke them through the paper in the place you took them out.

Or be it the O2 sensor I have them still installed on my Akra headers but the do not work because they are deleted via the PC that is fitted but their are varying opinions and you have to make your own mind up.

The actual fitting process look on th Akrapovic website and there some excellent instructions for taking the stock headers off which includes the obvious like needing a 12 sided socket for taking the header nuts off,but there’s is nothing to tell you what a bastard the 4 inner flange nuts are to Undo off the two inside pipes,the famous quote I saw on the other site by an American ‘They were eating his lunch’ trying to take them off  :001:

If you have no idea how to twirl a spanner pay a.n.other to do the job you’ll end up in a world of pain.