Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Decat pipe  (Read 14770 times)

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Decat pipe
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 01:24:24 AM »
I have Marks service manual which tells you where each screw goes and what size/length they are...I'm also an aircraft engineer...so "twirling" spanners is no issue.😁😁
If I do need a "Servo buddy"...I'll simply buy one...problem solved.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 06:51:49 AM »
Winger, how can the PC (Power commander ?) delete the or turn off the Lambda sensors if they are connected to the ECU ?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
I have Marks service manual which tells you where each screw goes and what size/length they are...I'm also an aircraft engineer...so "twirling" spanners is no issue.😁😁
If I do need a "Servo buddy"...I'll simply buy one...problem solved.

Smithy.

Strange reply because you did yours before I did mine  :002: and post was aimed at those thinking about do it not those who have done it.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 10:08:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Winger, how can the PC (Power commander ?) delete the or turn off the Lambda sensors if they are connected to the ECU ?

The ECU isn’t running the show the PC is and in fairness the Rexxer map in my K has the lamba’s switched off as well in fact I haven’t spoken to a tuner that does run them it’s a TUV instigated thing so the fuelling is always chasing its tail,you will never see a race bike with such.

Want an in depth conversation speak to Richard at Dynojet.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 10:12:14 AM »
The power commander is just an intercept box that just adds or takes away duration from the injector pulse. Its far from running the show. If the Lambdas are connected to the ECU still and they are enabled they will be correcting. Its why PC's normally come with plug in that fools the lambda into thinking its at a stochiometric fuel ratio and so it does not correct. You plug that in instead of the lambda sensor.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
In actual fact from one of several conversations i’ve had with Dynojet I pointed out both my 1100s and XT ran with lambas and a PC and they let me down gentley by saying things have move on in the last 10 years!!!

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
The power commander is just an intercept box that just adds or takes away duration from the injector pulse. Its far from running the show. If the Lambdas are connected to the ECU still and they are enabled they will be correcting. Its why PC's normally come with plug in that fools the lambda into thinking its at a stochiometric fuel ratio and so it does not correct. You plug that in instead of the lambda sensor.

I actually went and bought blanking plugs for the Akra and was very politely told i’d Wasted my money cuz they ain’t working.

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Strange reply because you did yours before I did mine  :002: and post was aimed at those thinking about do it not those who have done it.

Actually I've not done mine yet....only received the headers last Thursday....and haven't had a chance to fit them.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »
That’s my mistake then!! So you fitted a Rapid bike on stock headers :187:

Oh and you won’t need a servo buddy it will only show up on either BM diagnostics or a GS911 there will be nothing on the dash.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:38:53 AM by Winger »

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 10:50:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
That’s my mistake then!! So you fitted a Rapid bike on stock headers :187:

Yeah...works a treat to smooth things out when on light throttle settings....should hopefully have a nice effect when the headers are finally on.

Smithy.

dysfunctional