Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Decat pipe  (Read 14673 times)

Offline BernSal33

• XR Junior
Re: Decat pipe
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2020, 06:13:36 AM »
Disclaimer: New to the forum!
Have read some of this thread and all great info. I'm interested in knowing if insurance is voided by a de-cat? Is it a simple yes/no answer? Cheers

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2020, 06:22:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by AllYearBiker [+]
Is it a simple yes/no answer? Cheers

No, it's not a simple yes/no answer.......

Offline BernSal33

• XR Junior
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »
Dare I ask what its dependent on? If I'm picking up a bike I know to be de-catted (Akrapovic headers) how do I even ask my insurance whether or not it will void the policy in case they say it won't be covered and I can't even ride the bike home to fit a new exhaust (with cat). Or am I going about this completely the wrong way?

I'm getting a good deal through a friend so not an option just to get a different bike...

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2020, 03:40:09 PM »
You ask your insurance they’ll say no,because they say no to everything you would get the same answer no matter what was fitted, your over thinking the job just buy it and ride it.

Too me the real down side of buying the bike with the Akra headers you are being cheated of the joy of ditching the piece of Scht called the cat/headers that strangles the motor and fuelling,if it doesn’t have any after market fuelling then ideally it needs some to make the best of the headers.

The big plus is not having to take the stock headers and cat off because it’s no job for the faint hearted.

Enjoy it  :001: just a shame BM have too stick to the TUV rules  :164:

Offline BernSal33

• XR Junior
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
Appreciate the response, thanks. Would be nice to know I'd be covered if I send the bike on a slide into a ditch though...

Need to look into the fuelling... (I can hear a can of worms being opened nearby - PC Vs re-map)

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »
No can of worms  :001: you ain’t going to remap one of these,yes I have done it on an earlier BM but the game had move on or is that back to piggyback  :008:

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »
Bump.

Offline Belco100

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Gen 1 Triple Blk
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2020, 11:38:49 AM »
My biggest gripe with the XR is the low down part fuelling i.e. filtering through traffic on small throttle openings in second gear. Terrible,