Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 3 days in La Seu D'Urgell  (Read 633 times)

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
3 days in La Seu D'Urgell
« on: June 20, 2018, 05:57:12 PM »
Just finished 3 great days in La Seu D'Urgell, northern Spain. Clear blue skies every day. Fantastic, as was the S1000XR, which seems to excel on all types of roads.

Air temperature: 32°C
Track, I mean road temperature - Hot

If you've never ridden the C26 from Solsona to Altes this should be added to your biking bucket list now!
Actually there are so many fantastic roads round here, the bucket would be full

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Town: Kildare
Re: 3 days in La Seu D'Urgell
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
Absolutely beautiful part of the world  :152:

The C-26 to the east of Solsona ain't too bad either  :038: 
But my absolute favourite road in that part of the world, in fact one of my favourite anywhere in the world (so far) is the L-511, about 20km up the C-14.
40km of smooth, warm & very twisty tarmac with hardly a car on it 
And then there's the C-1311 the other side of Tremp. Not as long but still a cracking ride
Back for my 9th visit for a week in October  :046:

Did you do Museu Moto Bassella when you were there ?
Small but perfectly formed - http://www.museumoto.com/en

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 05:51:10 PM »
I know the L-511, but it’s been years since I rode it. I recall it being tight and twisty.

We also did the C13 north out of Sort - another road I’d like to roll up and bring home with me. We must have ridden 30 miles before seeing car.

We went passed the museum but didn’t call in - had lunch there a couple of years back.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
Anyone down that way try and find time to go to Belchite any where else in Europe it would be a tourist attraction but even though the civil war ended in the late 30’s the political under current is still the same.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
L-511 is indeed tight & twisty. With a surface like a racetrack. I'd recommend you revisit  :038:

And while you're at it, take the C-13 south from Tremp. Once you're past the lake at Cellers (hotel there is inexpensive, quiet, has a huge garage and does good food) it's wide, really fast sweepers all the way to Camarasa. Done it several times on the GSA, need to do it on the XR....

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 03:16:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jockser [+]

Once you're past the lake at Cellers (hotel there is inexpensive, quiet, has a huge garage and does good food) it's wide, really fast sweepers all the way to Camarasa. Done it several times on the GSA, need to do it on the XR....

We had Lunch in the hotel on Monday. I agree about the roads there.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:24:28 PM by JTL »

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by JTL [+]
We had Lunch in the hotel on Monday

Now you've really upset me  :019:
Oh to be there now...

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »
You are spoilt for choice around there. You can pick a road at random and not be disappointed. The road from Sort is fantastic and I guess everyone who has ridden the Pyrenees has done the N260. A bit further south the L401 is epic and I have to agree the L511 is one of the best roads I have ever ridden. Amazing and less traffic than the 260 which itself doesn’t have much by British standards. Literally no one on the 511.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:52:12 PM by Becksy »

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
Now on the ferry back to the UK after 10 days in Spain. We spent 3 days in Sos del Rey Católico, about 30km south east of Pamplona. Again superb roads which were virtually empty.  I even managed to get round the edge of the rear tyre!  I have no complaints about the T30s (BikespeedUK are doing a pair for £175 so I got a set in readiness to go on).

dysfunctional