Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel range  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Fuel range
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »
On the GS the fuel range display would show a different range value when filled up depending on fuel consumption of the previous tank full i.e. it would be different each fill up.
The XR seems to have a default of 155 miles regardless

unless anyone knows different ?
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Fuel range
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »
Yep, they all do that. Seems like a glitch, as they never expected the bike to do more than 155 miles on a tank, but it will! :008:

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »
Only just on a recent trip to Europe i got 109 out of the tank before the fuel light came on. :151:

Well I was Averaging 130mph on a run from Rottenburg to Schwangau with Pillion and Luggage panniers and Topbox.  At that speed she was stable and when a pillion is disrupting the airflow around the luggage there is no head wag above 125mph.

Back in Blighty i get just shy of 200 miles to a tank riding like a saint.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
I believe the range displayed is the distance to the reserve; it does not add in the last gallon but reflects the distance remaining before the reserve light comes on.  In the U.S. it is pretty spot on as I am averaging about 38mpgs US.  It is interesting that it displays a constant 155 when full regardless of the actual average from your last fill up.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 08:02:51 AM »
I don't think that is the case with U.K. spec bikes as the fuel range just continues to countdown when the fuel light comes on.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by fgdriver [+]
Only just on a recent trip to Europe i got 109 out of the tank before the fuel light came on. :151:

Well I was Averaging 130mph on a run from Rottenburg to Schwangau with Pillion and Luggage panniers and Topbox.  At that speed she was stable and when a pillion is disrupting the airflow around the luggage there is no head wag above 125mph.

Back in Blighty i get just shy of 200 miles to a tank riding like a saint.

S.

Please tell me what your trick is for riding like a saint? My avg fuel consumption began to rise after purchase and has actually settled in lower at about 34 mpg, I am never going to see nearly 200 miles from a tank with this bike  :034:

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
Trick to riding like a saint. = Imagine a police office sitting on the rear seat with a go pro for evidence.  Or in my case the wife with an active comms headset.  In Germany she was not too bad at high speed but in UK anything more than 10mph above indicated starts the litany against speed. 

But seriously my mpg is about 46 dropped to 44 during 5 days in Europe but doing 80 along motorways.  only slowed down when going up the Col's or Stelvio.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

dysfunctional