Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Soupys lowering kit for S1000XR installation  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Ibdsharpe

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Edgemont
Soupys lowering kit for S1000XR installation
« on: June 23, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with this kit? If so, were there any issues that concerned You? After struggling with it for some time I was able to finally get it in place but loosening the locknuts was a nightmare. All I received were the two turnbuckles with 4" hex and a one spacer (unlike their web pic with two additional spacers @ the forward end of turnbuckle). I've adjusted it out to 7.5" from stock 7" (max is said to be 8"). Based on this 1" max adjustment, it should lower bike 4" per their website and my 1/2" would be 2" lower. Haven't removed from lift yet, but the amount of threads showing even now is disturbing to say the least. Just wondered if anyone has experienced any time (miles) with this type installation? Not sure what would happen if one or more of these 1/2" bolts were to snap......and don't want to find out.
Thanks for looking,
Dave Sharpe

Offline skapan

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000
  • Town: Toronto
Re: Soupys lowering kit for S1000XR installation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
 If you use the search function with the term "lowering" you'll be able to read for hours. Lots of info on Soupy's stuff, sidestand length, resetting the computer after lowering, etc. etc. Too much to link to.

Offline Ibdsharpe

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Thanks, will give it a try.

Offline Ibdsharpe

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
Well Skapan, I guess I'm not smart enough to use "search". When I did as you instructed I got nothing but general data about everything.  Will continue to try and thanks again.

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 10:45:15 PM »
I just typed 'lowering' into the search box and it came up with a plethora of topics on lowering. the first several threads were "soupy's" specific.

Offline Ibdsharpe

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
Thanks, will give it another try