Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Arrow headers...  (Read 958 times)

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Arrow headers...
« on: June 25, 2018, 01:50:33 AM »
Hi all,
I spent the best part of Saturday arvo fitting a set of Arrow stainless headers to my XR, most of it went well but I must admit having difficulty with the springs, there's two on each header pipe up behind the radiator...and the #2 & #3 cyls are especially difficult to get at let alone be able to get enough purchase on to pull them into place on the little hooks.
But I persisted and finally got them all fitted...refitted all the bike's tupperware and stock muffler....she's quite loud now...moreso than I would have thought with the stock muffler...but she sounds a lot more "Beefy" now... :047:
I've not had a chance to ride yet and I need to get a decent ride in to allow my "Rapid Bike EVO"to do it's thing.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Re: Arrow headers...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:30:14 AM »
I found doing the springs pretty easy, did you use one of these??

https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Exhaust-Spring-Puller-Accessories/dp/B00938FF5U

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Arrow headers...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 03:43:15 AM »
I did have a hook supplied by Arrow...but it was just an excuse for a proper one, essentially it was just a bent piece of coat hanger wire..!! If I was to fit headers to another bike I would certainly invest in a good one like the one you link to.

Smithy
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional