Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust ????  (Read 1334 times)

Offline robs

• XR Member
  • Life is a Journey "Enjoy The Ride"
  • Bike: S 1000 XR
  • Town: DURBAN S.A
Exhaust ????
« on: June 26, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
Has anybody out there also heard that The Stock Exhaust Can on the S1000 XR is made by AKROPOVIC ??

Just cannot Justify The price Of The AKROPOVIC Slip On, then I'm told the Standard one is Made by AKROPOVIC ?? 

Any News On This I've Searched the Net !!    :164:

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
Re: Exhaust ????
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
In my opinion they do sound VERY VERY similar..

Only bought mine as the dealer made it 50% off
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »
Not heard this one, but then I can find no fault with the bog standard one anyway. But then I am not one to chuck money away on "stuff ". A bit of bling maybe. But If I thought that the bike needed lots of bits added to make it work. Then I would not waste my hard earned cash on buying one. Never could understand why you would spend close to £16,000 only to pay out wads more on Dyno / plus Electronic engine aids, etc etc. To use on the road. The reason I bought the XR is its a stonking great bike straight out of the box. Of course its just my opinion.  :211: :211:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 07:28:31 PM »
And I agree, if not for the discount I never would’ve bought it...
as I never did on my S1000R.
The only mods I’ll be doing is bar end weights, front and rear axle protectors, hp seat and not much more
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Online smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:30:15 AM »
The stock muffler is actually quite good, if you remove it and hold it up to the sun, you can basically see straight through it....no restriction at all..!!

I fitted a set of Arrow headers with the stock muffler and it's quite loud now, the original headers with cats removes a lot of the noise..😉

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:50:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Not heard this one, but then I can find no fault with the bog standard one anyway. But then I am not one to chuck money away on "stuff ". A bit of bling maybe. But If I thought that the bike needed lots of bits added to make it work. Then I would not waste my hard earned cash on buying one. Never could understand why you would spend close to £16,000 only to pay out wads more on Dyno / plus Electronic engine aids, etc etc. To use on the road. The reason I bought the XR is its a stonking great bike straight out of the box. Of course its just my opinion.  :211: :211:

Bree - I agree with you100%. IMO-just saying, one can drive an XR off the showroom floor and never do a thing to it (for me it's that good and complete). With that in mind, I must say with some hypocrisy, that I did get an MRA windscreen (provided an approximate 30% improvement over stock) - HP chain adjuster - Oil & radiator guards (did I really need them/ was it a must-have not really).

As for an aftermarket exhaust, and based on cost vs improvement, the math doesn't work for me. In addition, as for trying to get another 10 to 20HP more from the XR is "IMO" kind of overkill for this type of motorcycle, because its stock 160/ 165HP engine and factory gearing/ quick shifter and electronics will stay with most 180 to 200HP sportbikes from 0MPH to approximately 110 to 120MPH (which is where 95% of the action is for me and my needs - different strokes for different folks)
mike k

Online smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 02:32:57 AM »
I agree with those who just ride the bike "as it is", the bike is "that good" off the showroom floor.....for those who choose to modify their bike, I can't criticise them, it's their bike and their money to do with it as they choose.
I basically choose to change things to suit myself, I have a Corbin seat coming soon, an MRA Vario screen, Arrow headers, Rapid Bike EVO module, home made electronic chain oiler, radiator and oil cooler guards, Synto EVO levers, Evotech bar ends, lots of carbon bits, tank bag etc..etc...again, it's my bike and my money, I shall choose to do with it as I see fit.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:40:26 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
I agree with those who just ride the bike "as it is", the bike is "that good" off the showroom floor.....for those who choose to modify their bike, I can't criticise them, it's their bike and their money to do with it as they choose.
I basically choose to change things to suit myself, I have a Corbin seat coming soon, an MRA Vario screen, Arrow headers, Rapid Bike EVO module, home made electronic chain oiler, radiator and oil cooler guards, Synto EVO levers, Evotech bar ends, lots of carbon bits, tank bag etc..etc...again, it's my bike and my money, I shall choose to do with it as I see fit.

Smithy.

Yep I did say that it is just my opinion, and I would not criticise anybody who does. And I stand by that approach. Of course you can spend your money any which way you like. I just made the observation that It does not make sense to me.  :084:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 09:10:33 AM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline robs

• XR Member
  • Life is a Journey "Enjoy The Ride"
  • Bike: S 1000 XR
  • Town: DURBAN S.A
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 11:34:29 AM »
I Agree with those who wont spend a cent after the Purchase , But Then those like me who Want to , let it be !!  You Only live Once .'' life is a journey enjoy the ride''

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
Guys, I think we went a bit off topic...   :455: ahahah the idea was not to discuss how we spend our shekels but if the exhaust was made by Akrapovic.

:173: :157: :435:
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS