Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Garmin VIRB G-Metrix Data  (Read 670 times)

Offline slider162

• XR Junior
Garmin VIRB G-Metrix Data
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:43:50 PM »
I tried the OBD2Link adapters using a 16-20 pin adapter with the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 and no data was transferred.  The MotoScan app did connect and present data, but there is no way to log this data.  Has anyone been successful at getting G-Metrix data to the camera or is there another way to log this data and sync with a video?  I'm pretty sure the 2016 S1000XR is not OBD2, but something else.   I would like to at least present speed, RPM, and possibly lean angle data on the video.  I don't think the GPS speed alone in the VIRB updates fast enough for a track day.

Offline Salem

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Garmin VIRB G-Metrix Data
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure OBD (2) data is not simply published. You have to request specific data, and the refresh rate. On a typical OBD reader you can see what's available, but no values. The values only come up when you've selected a few. And it's limited, like 6 values updated per second. or  3 per half second. This is my experience from my BMW E92 days

dysfunctional