Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW SERVICE  (Read 1433 times)

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
BMW SERVICE
« on: June 27, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »
Hey guys, so as I purchased the 3 years or 18K miles service included when I got my XR this month I am now faced with a dilema.

I am VERY UNHAPPY with the service provided by BMW Park Lane (or BMW Battersea) since dealing with them after buying in 2016 my single R although very happy with the sales team.

My only two options are Cooper BMW Royal Turnbridge Wells ir Vines BMW Guildford.

Any suggestions? Any previous experiences in dealing with any of them?

Thy are both 30miles away from my house, but Turnbridge Wells is faster due to better connections. (35min vs 50min)

But as I work in Balham e SW London from cooper it’s just over an hour, while from Vines Guildford it’s about 45min....

But BMW battersea is 5min from where I work, and although I really don’t want to keep taking my bike there, it is the most logical option

Any advice on what you’d do?
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: BMW SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
I will never go to park lane bmw again, sold me a dodgy RR couple years ago and made no apologies or attempts to get another RR in for me! I guess they are used to Arab money buying everything outright and not a normal working chap buying! Rant over!
Is Maidenhead any better? I got my XR from them and service yesterday was all great no issues and good bunch

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:11:24 PM »
About 1:10h from home and then 50min back to work... it becomes a bit too much being that  I would go there, get a loan bike or wait for it to finish and get back to work
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »
I’ve had no end of dealings with Vines over years and I rate them highly they serviced my KR Sport for 4 years years(which I still have)sorted all sorts of sh#t that the K series suffered from and my X/R originated from there as well my only complaint is they are so far away and it’s impractical now I don’t do the miles I used to do to use them on a regular basis any more.

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
O really want to try either of them, but the commute there and back at 6:30/7am just before work when Bmw Battersea is 5 min from where I work is putting me off
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
So I cancelled my 1st service with BMW park lane and booked it with Vines of Guildford for next tuesday the 10th and I’ll have a RnineT as a loan bike which I’m quite curious about how it rides although I know that boxer engines are not for me.
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline Patrick Bateman

• XR Pro
  • Bike: K1600GTL & ZX10R
  • Town: Sydney
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 10:31:04 AM »
I know its not everyone's thing, but a buying a workshop manual, the basic tools, parts and doing it yourself is way cheaper than a visit to the stealership.
Follow the instructions, be methodical and careful - you can't go wrong. Watch some youtube videos on it if you like - there's plenty out there.
Plus you have the satisfaction of having done it yourself, you know its done right and you save $$$.
I need to return some videotapes.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman [+]
I know its not everyone's thing, but a buying a workshop manual, the basic tools, parts and doing it yourself is way cheaper than a visit to the stealership.
Follow the instructions, be methodical and careful - you can't go wrong. Watch some youtube videos on it if you like - there's plenty out there.
Plus you have the satisfaction of having done it yourself, you know its done right and you save $$$.

Precisely what I do Pat... I don't trust anybody I'm afraid...🤔🤔
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 11:43:09 PM »
Well, unfortunately we’re not all mechanically inclined and so instead o ruining a perfect bike, I’ll hand it over to someone who hopefully knows more than I do, and I actually included in my PCP the service package which includes all services within the first 3 years or 18000miles
Previous bikes:
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 12:34:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by SAVAGEFOX [+]
Well, unfortunately we’re not all mechanically inclined and so instead o ruining a perfect bike, I’ll hand it over to someone who hopefully knows more than I do, and I actually included in my PCP the service package which includes all services within the first 3 years or 18000miles

Yep totally understand people taking their bikes to a dealer etc for service/repair who don't have the ability, room or tools to work on their pride and joy....but for myself and some others...we like to fiddle and save a few sheckles doing things we're able to.
I find it quite theraputic working on my bikes, an added bonus is learning how they're put together and how they work etc...

Smithy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:35:57 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional