Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting Nav4 satnav  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Captain99

• XR Junior
Fitting Nav4 satnav
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me if my BMW nav4 satnav will fit and work on my new s1000xr sport se? Bike arrives in October so want to be prepared, terrible with directions so need satnav working 

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: Fitting Nav4 satnav
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:26:53 AM »
Hi Captain99.

I think it will fit in fine there may be some things that don't work as with the 5 the Ambient Temp will not work as the bike does not have one .  For the most part I think the Nav 4 is a Zumo 660 and I am running my Nav V on my Trophy that was setup for the Zumo 660 it uses the speakers in the Faring the only thing I do not get is the Thumb Wheel function as the Trophy does not have it.  So it should be the same in Reverse will have a look this afternoon will take my Zumo 660 and see if it will work on the S1000XR the pinouts on the cradel are the same.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »
It should fit in the mount and function but I doubt it will work from the wheel controller
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline Captain99

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
Thank you both for your answers, guess the main thing I need it to do is show me where I'm going so as long as it fits in mount and is charging I assume I will be ok then.  Be a shame if it doesn't work with the wheel and all features but 600 notes for a new one is a bit steep.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
With it being the BMW nav 4 then the LIN bus should work but do make sure it is the latest firmware for the NAV 4 unit  It is only the Zumo that does not work with the selector wheel.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
The Nav 4 will work, and you can control some features on the wheel, but it won't zoom in and out on the wheel, or display as much info.

You' be better off selling it on eBay before the bike comes, and getting a 5 from Europe on the net. It'll probably cost you around £100 to upgrade. :028:

dysfunctional