Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: sevice light ?????  (Read 1286 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline johnnienofish

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
sevice light ?????
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
anyone know how I can get mi service light off without going to the stealers ? or how much does the stealers charge to turn it off?
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Online Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1670
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:43:05 PM »
The latest fashion is to go on eBay put GS911 and find someone with a pro who will do it for £25 ish or buy one.

Offline MattR

  • Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
  • *****
  • Posts: 133
  • Country: england
  • Administrator
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
.... or how much does the stealers charge to turn it off?

Looks like BMW_XR_D pays 35.00 at the stealers:

https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,2186.msg19145.html#msg19145

Offline smithy

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 863
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 04:02:11 AM »
You can either buy your own GS-911 or a special OBD-link unit and Motoscan and do it yourself......or pay your local dealer to do it for you. If you do your own servicing like some of us do....You'll soon get tired of taking your pride and joy to a dealer and pay through the nose to get 2mins worth of work to remove a silly service light...😉😉

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Low-Brau

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • Country: us
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »
I JUST got off the phone with my dealer regarding an indicated annual service warning.

“What kind of bike?” he asks.

“S1000XR,” I reply.

“Have you changed the oil?”

“Last Fall, before storing it.”

“You do it yourself?”

“Yes,” I said cautiously.

“Eh. Live with the light,” he replied. “It costs $20 for us to reset it, or we can reset it at no cost if we do an oil change. Call us when your odometer hits 6000 miles, and we’ll just reset it at your next interval inspection.”

So, either way, about $20-$50 to reset based ono other services done.

-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline tor

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Norwegian Viking
  • Bike: 18 XR / 15 GSA
  • Town: Pee Dee of SC
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »
Just buy a GS911. It is a very handy tool to have.

Online Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
I JUST got off the phone with my dealer regarding an indicated annual service warning.

“What kind of bike?” he asks.

“S1000XR,” I reply.

“Have you changed the oil?”

“Last Fall, before storing it.”

“You do it yourself?”

“Yes,” I said cautiously.

“Eh. Live with the light,” he replied. “It costs $20 for us to reset it, or we can reset it at no cost if we do an oil change. Call us when your odometer hits 6000 miles, and we’ll just reset it at your next interval inspection.”

So, either way, about $20-$50 to reset based ono other services done.



I just got of the phone to my Dealer, explained what I wanted. Bloke did not have a clue what I was talking about... :430:  Wrong Dealer.
 :001: :001: :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Low-Brau

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • Country: us
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Re: sevice light ?????
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]


I just got of the phone to my Dealer, explained what I wanted. Bloke did not have a clue what I was talking about... :430:  Wrong Dealer.
 :001: :001: :001:

You must have called KTM.

*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
You can either buy your own GS-911 or a special OBD-link unit and Motoscan and do it yourself......

I ended up splitting the cost of this tool with some friends yesterday; we'll pass it around as needed.  Too expensive for a single chap to afford.  :006:

But, yes, this is the solution.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark