Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Footpeg rubbers  (Read 930 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Footpeg rubbers
« on: July 06, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
Has anyone taken off the rubbers on the pegs? If so what was the outcome with feel, vibes and wear on boots? I'm asking as I've just bought some new boots which have a chunky sole and there isn't much room under the gear lever when changing up. I know can change the gear lever position but I don't want it any higher as it's in a perfect position for down changes as it is.

Doing a 1100 mile ride over 3 days a week on Sunday and don't have any time to have a play before I set off. I guess I could just take them out and keep them with me as it's a 2 minute job to refit.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Footpeg rubbers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »
I think that you have answered your own question..... :002:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:45:53 AM »
Yeah...I suffered the "Fat Boot" Syndrome too, had to adjust my gear lever height to suit, am used to it now and don't notice it any more.

Smithy. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline BMW_XR_D

• XR Member
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnoi8QWTyP1pAhgZo
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: brentwood
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:42:32 PM »
I took rubber off pegs and instantly realized I got more leg room, Vibs feel the same to me on or off but my XR doesn't vib as bad as some.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »
Managed to squeeze in 140 mile ride on Monday so thought it would be a good time to remove the foot peg rubbers as a test before doing 1100 miles at the weekend. Result is more room to move my feet, easier to change up and vibes are no worse than with them in. Think they will be staying off.

dysfunctional