Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat Nav Control Wheel  (Read 1186 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Sat Nav Control Wheel
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »
So my bike is prepped for the Navigator VI and having read the owners manual from cover to cover and the Sat Nav instructions there is no reference to the control wheel. I have had a play about with it and worked out how to use most functions through trail and error but when I want it to take me home I can highlight home and it say hold next to it. Now no mater what I do I can't get it to select home. Tried holding the wheel to the left and right for upto 30 seconds but no result. seems the wheel is only really any use for zooming in and out of the map when on the move.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Sat Nav Control Wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »
Thats about all I use it for.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]
So my bike is prepped for the Navigator VI and having read the owners manual from cover to cover and the Sat Nav instructions there is no reference to the control wheel. I have had a play about with it and worked out how to use most functions through trail and error but when I want it to take me home I can highlight home and it say hold next to it. Now no mater what I do I can't get it to select home. Tried holding the wheel to the left and right for upto 30 seconds but no result. seems the wheel is only really any use for zooming in and out of the map when on the move.

I'm using the Nav V, and I use that wheel a lot.  I actually think I may have worn it out.

1. Scroll through screens by using < and > clicks.  Map, compass, motorcycle status and monitoring, and the HOLD for home screen (I wish I could get to the trip computer this way too).  Within each of these major screens, there are more sub screens accessed using up and down spins.
2. Zooming up and zooming down on the map
3. Changing tracks on the MP3 player

I suspect that if you are holding right for HOME, and are not receiving a response, you may not have set a HOME in your favorites yet. 
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »
Home is set as I can do it via the touch screen but not with the wheel. The "hold" command doesn't work on anything as far as I can tell. How long do I have to hold it for? I assume that I just keep it held to the right to perform this?

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 02:37:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]
I assume that I just keep it held to the right to perform this?

I don't know that I've ever timed it, but when I click the control wheel right and hold... it eventually sets a route home.
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Sport SE
  • Town: West Berks
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »
Tried it this morning on my NAV6, held the wheel to the right and it started calculating the route home in less than a couple of seconds of holding it right.

Does pressing and holding the wheel right work to select any of the other features in the same menu as ‘navigate home’?  It’s only a switch, so if it works for other functions, I would say there is another reason why the navigate home function isn’t working.

Have you tried updating the NAV6?

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »
Nav 6 is on the latest software / update. I am on nights at the moment so will have a go at using the hold command on other functions but from memory it didn't work on anything.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 02:39:07 AM »
Are you seeing the Press and Hold symbol next to the navigate home function?
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 02:40:24 AM »
Yes