Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First test ride  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
First test ride
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »
Hello all,

I’ve just been out on an S1000xr for around an hour or so from Pidcock BMW at Long Eaton.  As you all are no doubt aware a very VERY capable bike, I tested all the modes love the Dynamic mode love the way it makes the bike react to the slightest twitch on the throttle.  With only an hour I will say that there is no way I got close to the edge of the bikes pretension or a full understanding of each of the modes however I gave it a good go.  I do like the fact that you can swap modes on the fly.

Much like the K’s I’ve had "of which I've had three a K1200s and two K1300s's" I do like the fact that you can blip through the suspension modes on the fly much like the riding modes.

At around 1.75 meters I found that the bike is a little tall for me, after a chat with one of the sales guys, there is a lowering kit for the bike which would make the bike just about the right height for me.  There is one other issue I, the handlebars are too wide for me, I felt that my shoulders were being stretched out to the limit. 

I like wide bars but they are just too wide, at close to fourteen and a half thousand pounds for the bike and the extras I’d have to buy the bike needs to be close to perfect for me but alas it’s not, I’m now in a bit of a quandary about the bike.

Does anyone know if there are some aftermarket bars that are 75mm or so narrower?
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: First test ride
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 03:05:21 AM »
 :400:  A couple people have had issues with seat height and bar widness.  You can be sure that if there aren't alternatives to the bars out there now there will be in very short order.  Some folks have opted for the shorter seat as opposed to the lowering kit. 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: First test ride
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
Shorter seat is the way to go keeps the nice ground clearance so kerbs are not a problem. :305:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.