Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stock exhaust end cap and baffle removal  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Quicken_ZA

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Roodepoort
Stock exhaust end cap and baffle removal
« on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:02 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've seen a video and some photos of guys removing the end cap and the baffles from their stock exhaust but I cannot find much information around actually doing the removal (barring a French website that may contain some info). Does anyone have information about:

• How to remove the end cap and baffle.
  • The impact that this change has.

I have already done the decat on the header pipe and already sounds pretty good, but I have been toying with the idea of making it just a bit louder. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:35:46 AM by Quicken_ZA »

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Stock exhaust end cap and baffle removal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
I think you'll find the stock muffler is pretty much straight through, if you hold it up to the light you can see straight through it.

I have a set of Arrow headers with the stock muffler .....and she's pretty loud.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Quicken_ZA

• XR Member
  • Town: Roodepoort
Re: Stock exhaust end cap and baffle removal
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
Yeah noted - I don't think it will make a difference since there are technically no baffles. It will just change the aesthetics of the pipe.

I had a S1000R with a decat done on the headers with the very short stock pipe and that was MUCH louder than the XR with the same decat conversion. This is the only reason I thought that it may be a bit louder with the end can taken off, simply since it will shorten the pipe (albeit by very little). Essentially, its just my arse itchen to see what it looks like and to do cheap mods to the bike...  :001:

So, alas, if there is anyone who know how this is done, I would like to try it.