Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello. I'm in the gang  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Gilly76

• XR Member
Hello. I'm in the gang
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
Hello,

Joining the gang next week. Just sold my Multistrada and my S1000R. Don't need 2 bikes when 1 will do both jobs.

Picking her up on Thursday.

Can't. Wait.

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: Hello. I'm in the gang
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:24:15 AM »
 :400: Gilly76!  I traded my S1000R for the XR and will now probably sell my 2013 Multistrada as the XR gives me everything I had with the Multi and the R.  Congrats on your new XR.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »
Welcome to the Forum :158:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Gilly76

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:14:02 AM »
Picked her up on Thursday, which was also the first time I'd had a go one an XR. But as I'd already got a S1000R & a Multistrada (both gone now) I guessed I knew what was coming  :001:

Managed to sneak a day playing so got 250 miles in straight away. Wouldn't want to use one of these for long motorway journeys as the vibes would do my head in. Saying that I just went faster and away they went.

Can't wait for someone to develop a tail tidy of some sort. The rear mudguard and light look like a complete after thought, surly they could have made something a lot less ugly?

Anyhow, the rad guards from my S1000R fitted without any problems, removed the scaffolding from the rear end, and plugged in the happy plug, so all is good.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »
The happy plug   :047:

I call it the scary plug  :001: but you won't be able to fully utilise the power until the first service is done !
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »
Ahh just answered question from the other thread Redrick.  I like the happy plug means you can have fun on private roads of course  :152: but it is very quick in Dynamic mode as well just watch the front wheel angle.  Hate running on 1 wheel but may feel differently once I have been to Wheelie School.  I am used to doing them on 12kgs not 220+kgs.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by fgdriver [+]
Ahh just answered question from the other thread Redrick.  I like the happy plug means you can have fun on private roads of course  :152: but it is very quick in Dynamic mode as well just watch the front wheel angle.  Hate running on 1 wheel but may feel differently once I have been to Wheelie School.  I am used to doing them on 12kgs not 220+kgs.

S.

Many people go on and on about the scary plug but in reality it does nothing other than back off the traction and anti wheelie stuff and sharpen an already very sharp ( in Dynamic) throttle. It does not increase the power !

An alternative view and indeed my view is that the bike is actually faster A to B when in Dynamic as opposed to Dynamic pro.I like to be able to get on the gas hard and early from a corner and believe that in Dynamic it is easier as the rider will not have to shut off to get the front wheel back from its desired vertical or the back wheel into line as it has stepped out too far ! 

If of course wheelies and power slides are required ( I can do both when minded) Dynamic pro is brilliant

Just a thought
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum!   :002:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.