Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Around couple of Austrian passes  (Read 802 times)

Offline vuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: white S1000XR
  • Town: Maribor,Slovenia
Around couple of Austrian passes
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:00:56 PM »
As I'm livin pretty close to Austria (only 25 km), I like to ride there around and visit some passes. So I created a round which I call my standard round - it visits the Passes Packsattel, Gaberl Pass, Obdachsattel, Weinebene...
So this time I finally managed to film the climb toward Gaberl pass from the other side of the pass (from the side where Judenburg & the Red Bull Ring are placed):

Offline vuk

• XR Member
Re: Around couple of Austrian passes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:57:52 AM »
So more Austrian passes - this the the famous Nockalmstraße / Nockalm Road. I made a habit for myself to ride this road once a year for more than 10 years now.
So here is some video evidence of the part from Innerkrems to Eisentalhoehe:

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »
I must go further east in both Austria & Slovenia. Nockalmstrasse is the furthest east in Austria and the E61 motorway in Slovenia. 

I liked the Nockalmstrasse when in Carinthia, staying at a hotel in Malta. I went over it on a wet day and rode in cloud at one point, then appeared above the cloud.

I went back 2 days later when the sun was shining as I had a tourist pass that meant the toll was free.   

Offline vuk

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »
Austria and of course Slovenia have some nice passes and roads to ride. If you are ever again in this part of Europe let me know and I can give you some tips or even prepare some routes for you, maybe even ride with you some of them.

Offline vuk

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:46:36 AM »
Me again ;)
Nockalm Road again - but this time from the other side, from the paydesk at Ebene reichenau to the first peak at Glockenhütte on the “Schiestlscharte”, 2,024 m.

Offline vuk

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 07:59:49 AM »
Thrid part of the Nockalmroad is now online: This time the part from the Glockenhütte to  Eistentalhöhe is featured.

dysfunctional