Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali Soundbomb horn  (Read 836 times)

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Coast
Denali Soundbomb horn
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
I can't remember if this has been covered, if it has apologies. But has anyone fitted this horn to their XR? if so how did it fit? how easy to install? is it canbus compatible? does it work.

Would like to change the pathetic OEM horn for something people will actually take notice of.

Thanks

Online Watshot

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
Re: Denali Soundbomb horn
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
I tried similar, I think it was a 'mini bomb' or something like that from Nippy Normans. Had to buy the expensive adapter lead too.

Anyway, didn't work. Worked okay just with the ignition on, but once running it would only sound once then cut out completely until the ignition was recycled. Returned it and tried a replacement with exactly the same results, so put the original back on which works perfectly.

Appears to be a canbus issue, but NN's claim to have sold hundreds without any problems, so chances are you'll be okay, but it's not 100% given.

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »
I have fitted the Denali 'Split' bomb(not sure of the exact name), with a relay direct to the battery using the original horn wire as the 'switched' source for the relay. Works like a bomb, fits under the left and right panels. Install was pretty easy.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »
I just rev up instead of sounding that horrible horn... too embarrassed to use it
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS