Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Battery Charging Rate  (Read 604 times)

Offline Gairo

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: South Staffs
Battery Charging Rate
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »
Hey all, quick question for those of you with a Nav V or Nav VI fitted, do you have any recollection of what rate that your battery charges at ? I've been having a few teething problems of late and I thought the battery was playing up, I've had a few occasions where the battery has gone flat and I've had to resort to using a smart charger to keep it topped up, I've since had a Nav VI and going into the menu for bike information, I notice that my charging rate goes up to about 15.2v, now I'm not entirely sure that this ain't the regulator slowly cooking the battery, as I was under the impression that a battery charges at approx 14.5v. Would you nice XR folk please have a look for me the next time you're out and about with your Nav fitted :440:

Thank you :028:
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: Battery Charging Rate
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 01:48:48 PM »
Mine goes between 14.5 and 14.7.

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:13 PM »
I have a digital voltage display connected and it also displays between 14.5 and 14.7 when the bike is running. I am pretty sure my Nav VI shows similar when I have that display up.

Offline Gairo

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: South Staffs
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »
Thanks guys, I’ve since spoken to my local Motorrad dealer and his first response was ‘regulator’ so I have booked it in for diagnostics and possible replacement on Monday 13th August...
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

dysfunctional