Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike Wear, What do you wear and why ?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Gairo

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: South Staffs
Bike Wear, What do you wear and why ?
« on: August 04, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »
As per title really, show us yer wardrobe :018:

I wear a number of different brands etc but my daily ‘go to’ outfit is my Ixon Copper Rock leather jacket, Roadskin black Kevlar lined textile combats, Alpinestars SMXS short boots, Macna Gloves and my HJC RPHA70 lid with blue Iridium visor.

Tend to wear Macna textiles while touring along with my Shoei GT Air helmet which is quieter than the HJC for long distance stuff, Macna summer glove backed up by my Goretex winter gloves and my Dainese Goretex touring boots...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:57:14 AM by Gairo »
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Bike Wear, What do you wear and why ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »
Gold pantaloons with sequined blouse, 8" stilettos and matching beret...oh sorry, wrong forum.. :008: :034:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
Gold pantaloons with sequined blouse, 8" stilettos and matching beret...oh sorry, wrong forum.. :008: :034:

Smithy.

LOL ...  :745: :745: :745:    :305:
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Offline kwarrs1000xr

• XR Member
  • Bike: X1000SR
  • Town: St. Albans
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
Interesting thread in the current heatwave (although today might be the end of it).

Iv'e got H Gericke trousers and a RST Adventure jacket with lots of air vents.

I guess we've all noticed so many more bikers riding without kit recently. Its a bit like when on hols in Spain, most moped and bike riders just wear shorts and t shirt. The cyclist's take it much more seriously though....

Obviously IF we KNEW nothing was gonna happen, then I guess we would all be in shorts and shirts only....
Although.... the gold pantaloons and stilettos does have a strange attraction......

Offline Gairo

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: South Staffs
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »

Smithy.

I thought I’d logged into my other favourite forum for a minute there too :008: :745:

Seriously though, I’ve also noticed the amount of chancers riding around in flip flops and short sleeves in the heatwave, it’s just not worth the risk. I was fully layered up in Southern France 2 years ago in temperatures hitting 42 degrees C, that’ll kill me before the lack of protection does :018:
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 01:06:26 PM »

Smithy.

Take it to the Harley Davidson forum, please.  :038:

As for me, most commutes I'm wearing BMW City pants, some Bates riding sneakers and an ancient armored nylon jacket that really vents well, coupled with roper gloves and a Schuberth helmet.

If I'm riding all day, I'm in an Aerostich Roadcrafter.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline aviator

• XR Pro
  • COL. US Army
  • Town: Chattanooga, TN
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
I am a Klim guy.
Badlands pro jacket and pants - no worries about rain, even torrential downpours.
Schuberth C3 pro with a Sena 10c
Sidi Adv Goretex
Klim gloves, ventilated for summer, goretex for winter or when it rains.
Aviator
Current Bikes: 2018 BMW S1000XR, BMW 1200GSAw, Husqvarna FE501s, Suzuki DR650 SE

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:42 PM »
Neotec helmet, Rukka Navala suit, BMW Pro Tourer boots, Dainese gloves, Send 10U. BMW Airshell Jacket for the summer

Other stuff sounds good too but not for the motorcycle.  :305:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:52:43 PM by PaulS1000XR »
PSH

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 08:06:25 AM »
Gt air helmet.. Have different kit for different things,  for a blast up the coast I'll wear alpine stars jeans, boots and bmw tourshell jacket with furygan summer gloves. I have the full tourshell suit with waterproof bmw gloves to try out on my upcoming nc500 tour in scotland

Offline RedbirdXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 XR/GSXR1000
  • Town: san ramon,CA USA
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 10:29:59 PM »
I'm sold on the Dainese gear!  They really know how to build in protection.  I recently changed out my 2 year old Olympia suit as I felt the protection was just that much better.  Dainese fits like a race suit. 

Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket is the jacket I bought.  In Northern California during the summer, I hit chilly, foggy 60 degree temps Fahrenheit, and 20 miles away it can be 105 degrees.  This jacket was great with a light top under for both with the thin liner.  If I had longer than 45 minutes in the heat, I would have stripped of the liner.  Comfortable with great protection.

Pants are either Dainese or for short rides, Scorpion Covert jeans with the kevlar lines and armor. 

My every day riding boots are Bates Adrenaline Boots if I have to walk around for work or hit a shorter trail.  Not only reasonable protection, but the most comfortable boot I have ever worn.  Dainse Course Out boots for more technical and spirited rides. 

Schuberth C3 Pro Observer Helmet for every day rides.  Shoei X14 for more spirited rides.