Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dynamic Pro Mode on 2018 US model  (Read 885 times)

Offline throttler

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Houston
Dynamic Pro Mode on 2018 US model
« on: August 13, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »
I purchased a 2018 US model in late August and am about to take it in for the first service.  I have not installed the dynamic pro plug yet (but I did find the socket for it thanks to this forum!).  The bizarre thing is that it lets me choose dynamic pro as a selection now when I toggle through the modes button.  Just wondering if anyone else with a 2018 is seeing the same thing?  I'm not too concerned about it, but it does seem odd.  I came from a 2015 R1200GS and I could not get to "Enduro Pro" mode until after the plug was installed.

Sold the GS for the XR and loving it!

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: Dynamic Pro Mode on 2018 US model
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »
Um.....it's not late August 2018 yet.....or did you get it last August..??

How many miles on the machine??

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline throttler

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
Oops...I meant late July!  It has 580 miles.

Offline Wonger

• XR Member
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »
My '18 is/was the same. I can't tell a difference, but I haven't pushed it too hard even after the first service. Also note to make sure the dealer's software has the most recent updates. Mine did not, and the first service did not have the remove rev limiter parameter listed and I didn't find out until I was 45 min away. They updated their software, and then it popped up and the did it quickly when I returned. It rips from 8-11500 BTW.

Offline throttler

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 02:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply and tip on rev limiter removal.  I asked about that when I picked it up and was told "that's only on the RR".  Obviously they are wrong, so best I get it taken care of the first time.    :028:

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
The XR is a dog to ride with the limiter in place. I couldn't wait to get mine taken off at the 600 mile service. Just as it was starting to pull the fun police kicked in and the gearing just felt all wrong too. Its way way better to ride now its off. I don't think I will like it as much as my fireblade for pure riding pleasure but it is easy to live with, a doddle to ride and comfy too so I guess it will keep growing on me.

Offline aviator

• XR Pro
  • COL. US Army
  • Town: Chattanooga, TN
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »
So from OP's post, is it possible to have the Dynamic Pro mode available to select on the LCD panel, even without the dongle installed at the 600 mile service? Or without the service folks enabling it via their computer system at the 600 mile service?
Aviator
Current Bikes: 2018 BMW S1000XR, BMW 1200GSAw, Husqvarna FE501s, Suzuki DR650 SE

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by aviator [+]
So from OP's post, is it possible to have the Dynamic Pro mode available to select on the LCD panel, even without the dongle installed at the 600 mile service? Or without the service folks enabling it via their computer system at the 600 mile service?

It won't work without the dongle in place. Either he has the dongle already fitted or he's only seeing the 'Dynamic" mode....not the "Dynamic-Pro" mode. The 9k rpm limit during "break-in" needs to be removed by the dealer along with any software updates done where applicable at the first 600mile/1000km service, they check a few other thing as well but it's essentially a glorified oil/filter change, also note the 7k rpm "shift light" from the factory can be adjusted at any time via the dash controls, there are also several shift light settings as listed in the owners manual.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional