Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S1000XR adjustable clutch and brake levers 3rd party  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
S1000XR adjustable clutch and brake levers 3rd party
« on: September 03, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »
Hello peeps, looking for adjustable levers for my bike but cant seem to find any apart from the HP ones and im no re mortgaging the house for them, took a punt on some RR ones but different fitting any of you guys seen any about , Synto, Puig etc?
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: S1000XR adjustable clutch and brake levers 3rd party
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »
There are no a;alternatives to the HP ones as yet but sooner or later gilles who make the HP ones will do some

I suspect that it won't be long before there are some snide Chinese ones available

I have the HP ones and they are things of beauty and the sting of the price will be long forgotten but the love of the quality will remain
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:12:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
There are no a;alternatives to the HP ones as yet but sooner or later gilles who make the HP ones will do some

I suspect that it won't be long before there are some snide Chinese ones available

I have the HP ones and they are things of beauty and the sting of the price will be long forgotten but the love of the quality will remain

I agree, had ordered the Pazzo levers, dealer thought they were the same as the S1000R and they are not, ended buying the HP levers and rearsets and couldn't be happier in the build quality.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
The HP levers are fantastic. I tried Evotech levers on my R, but had issues with the micro switches and cruise control, so I sent them back. Even if Evotech did them for the XR, I wouldn't bother. And as for cheap Chinese levers, why would you, on a £15k bike? :745:

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
Hi all.

I was thinking of getting the HP levers as I have small hands and the reach for the brake and clutch is ok on a twisty but I live in London so to get anywhere I have to do some urban which makes the levers tiring.  How much closer to the grip does the HP levers make I read somewhere that there was not much difference.  Could someone enlighten me please. :440:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 08:01:10 AM »
They don't make a huge difference but it is a bit
I notice it most on the brake side as the lever, when adjusted to suit, comes back, when pulled , just right for my reach

if any of that makes sense

the HP levers are soo nice in comparison to those cheap horrid standard things
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
Thanks Redrick.
The clutch did not really make a difference then that is my main problem.  Had to remove Grip Puppies as it made the reach too much in the city.  Must admit I like the smaller grip without the puppy feels better which is weird as I prefer large grips on the Mountain Bikes.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
Thanks guys for all the replies hmm what to do......will take another look at the HP sauce, just dont tell the missus ;) :005: :305:
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 11:51:40 AM »
For al the amount of times the clutch is used I couldnt warrant 300 quid on levers... apart from taking off and coming to a stop the only time i use the clutch is coming down multiple gears coming up to a junction before stopping... I can live with the standard clutch lever for that  :028:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »
But the feel of the HP brake lever more than makes up for the price. It's lovely! :152: